New Website.....about time ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1_T_Submariner:
Pictures are not in focus or blurry
Look at the inflator
http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6_165

Lots of no Image availables
http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=201

The instructor profiles: there names are not links but the pictures are???

I'm with the otheres why use such a small portion of the screen with the little window in the middle?

Nice site thought.

The difficult thing about having an online store is that there arent alot of good images to use for the products....and the Manufactures dont have or supply all of the images for things they sell:confused: . Unfortunately, I dont have a dedicated staff like other sites that just works on the website...but one day, you just wait:14: .....There is only 2 of us that work on it, 1 has another full time job and is limited on his hours, and I have to run the day to days of the Dive Shop ...NOt trying to lay down excuses guys, but Im trying.......:D Thats why Im asking for anything I may have missed....

Thanks for all of the great input, trust me Im taking it all in and trying to figure out how to incorporate it all(IM not very computer saavy, but Im trying to learn).........We have only been open about 7 months so we are learning and growing into all this:wink:

Go for steak, never mind the sizzle.

Go for a consistent screen to screen format.

Do you want to do something great? Forget all of the lousy manufacturers photos because they all stink. Black gear photographed so you can't see squat. Light the stuff right and if need be post process to get some contrast from the textures.

Oh and study up on HTLM and ditch the computer guy, it's not that tough. The webmaster needs to be a conduit, not a filter.

Pete

why o why do people still use frames????

I am hoping that this is your own effort and that you are in the scuba business and not a web designer/developer

and if you have paid someone for this, they did a piss poor job of giving you guidance.

Dive Right In Scuba:
The difficult thing about having an online store is that there arent alot of good images to use for the products....and the Manufactures dont have or supply all of the images for things they sell:confused: . Unfortunately, I dont have a dedicated staff like other sites that just works on the website...but one day, you just wait:14: .....There is only 2 of us that work on it, 1 has another full time job and is limited on his hours, and I have to run the day to days of the Dive Shop ...NOt trying to lay down excuses guys, but Im trying.......:D Thats why Im asking for anything I may have missed....

Thanks for all of the great input, trust me Im taking it all in and trying to figure out how to incorporate it all(IM not very computer saavy, but Im trying to learn).........We have only been open about 7 months so we are learning and growing into all this:wink:

Dangerous to ask for Criticism when there are so many members looking at it. Best of luck to you. I'll have to visit when I'm in the area sometime.:D

Mike

The resolution is a bit small and the frames are a pretty old school. The site is useable and it's a good start for a work in progress.

BTW did you get my dive marker in yet? :D

Yep, its sitting here waiting for you to pick up :D Left you a message a month ago.....I got one size fits all BC that might work well for either Sharon, or better yet Ryan as he gets older......Ice diving class coming up if you wanna get in.....will be cold because you will have to wear a wetsuit....NEver did get that drysuit cert yet huh John :D Havent seen you for awhile....its time to come in and get your scuba store smell fix ....

I hate to say that I do agree with everybody's criticism of your site.

I do want to point out that it is easy to navigate around the site. (The buttons at the top staying the same on each page.) To me a great site that is hard to navigate is useless. For an example go to Cisco Systems website, and try to find anything.

So in my opinion you do have the most important part down. now just follow the other suggestions, and you will have a good web site.

I know its been said over and over already, but to maybe help make the point for your computer guy. The size. I dont know how it looks on other machines, but probably half my screen is being filled by usable stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom