New wreck in Panama City? Infinity Blu Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need to get over that way at least once this summer and do some diving. Looks like there is even more reason now to go out and do it.

Hmm... when she is finally laid to rest (or would that be laid to work?), will there be a day-of-the-sinking dive boat out there for a first splash? I've never seen a sinking first hand, and I'd love to see a fresh-off-the-surface wreck.

(Our shop in Baton Rouge was sharing the boat with Tom when we all went out and dove Mac's Reef in November. That was a nice dive, but I'd like to dive it with a few fewer divers in the water at one time. It was like a subway station down there!)

Most folks usually don't like to take people out on the first day because of safety. Everthing needs to have a little time to settle and adjust to the pressure. If you have a big group you could probably talk to whomever you book with and get out there to watch the sinking. Depending on what you work out they may let go for diving on it...

I'm certain that there wouldn't be anyone with an issue. Like I said, you may be able to talk someone into letting you go the day of...

If you really want to go the day of and a charter boat wouldn't take you (they may); you shouldn't have any trouble going out on a small boat.

Does anybody have a contact for anyone that may have accurate info on sinking the Red Sea aka Infinity Blu? I would really like to watch it go down... it was at PC Marina but It is not there now, any idea where it is? Also does anyone have GPS numbers on Mac's Reef?

They just moved it (around the time of the boat parade...). They are going to put it over toward the Strength. I'll put something up when it is firmed up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom