New year resolutions for 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like these so they will be mine as well :D

Perfect my diving skills to the point of being deadly underwater
I know what you meant.

I would like to meet more of my scuba board friends

To get involved in more group hugs :jester:

neilstewart wot's happening it's January 5th and still no photo :wink:

Originally posted by DameDykker
For several years my resolve has been to drink more and better red wine. And I am trying to keep it!

hahahah same here for my non-diving list - yup i have a separate list too! :wink:

my resolutions are to dive more, be more active on the numerous dive boards, and to become better at logging my dives.

To date Diving's the best .
I wanna dive more... be a better diver...
and hope not caught die 1/2way thru my DM course

Hi Agnes..
wat do u c instore for us back here ... dive industry
i see myself away fm my job now ...
waiting for the rite time ....good boat to come by... hop on and go

:bang:

Hi Tribalshark,

good for u!! :thumb: i would like to drop everything and go pursue my dreams in diving, but like u, i am waiting for the rite opportunity, rite timing, and building up on my experience, contacts and knowledge in the meantime.

what i would like to see improve in our industry - better quality dive professionals, less cost-cutting n more emphasis on diver education esp on conservation and how to be a better diver. I see so many students being churned out but who are really lousy divers, instructors who cant be bothered to teach properly coz of costs, and lack of professionalism and quality service, not just in singapore but the region as well. And a more active tech community would be nice too!

many people are starting to organise their own trips instead of relying on dive operators, so i expect some dive operators' business to suffer, and eventually close down. many people are also cutting back on their diving expenditure, so instead of travelling to places like Palau or Manado, they will go to nearer and cheaper places like Malaysia. With so many dive agencies in singapore already catering dive trips to places like tioman, aur and redang, some dive operators will face problems trying to survive. well, i sure hope things improve by end of the year, and let us continue to support the dive industry by diving more! :wink:

Hi Agnes... know u will not be far behind .
Think u r gettin there esp. with the contacts and knowledge tat u r working on.
From the dive reports tat i hear fm u , i see u going far :clapping:

I agree with you tat local dive industry indeed have churn out a huge no. of divers last yr. Of course wuld be great to see more pple enjoyin wonders of the sea like us but to love and respect as well. Really sad to see pple crashing down on the corals may it be intentional or not, mishandling the fishes/marine life . Instructors plays an impt part to impart not only the skill but the eco awareness as well. Individual have to be more cautious, brush up on skill and so on.

My last couple of trips to Sipadan n Phuket was not thru dive operator as well. I feel for the dive operators but cant help it.

All i can contribute is to dive more, improve on my skill and
also my knowledge. It seems bounderless , infinite things to discover down there. I really hope i can do a turtle conservation in malaysia this year. My 1st n only tat i can afford so far.

I do not see things smooth sailing for my DM course but in any case, i take it as a challenge and should it not be for me it will definitely enrich my knowledge, improve my skills and make me a better diver.

Cheerios

:)

As with others - more diving of course!

It's really nice to be doing dives for me for a change and long may it continue.......

Jonathan

Thanks TribalShark - i wish u all the best in your DM course too, and I think it's great you're taking up the cause of marine conservation!

Oh yes, one more thing I wish would improve: more public awareness and support of the anti-shark finning issue, especially among the non-divers. I still have lots of friends who have sharks fin soup in the menu of their wedding dinner! i have firmly declared to all my friends that if they continue to do so, i will boycott the wedding. Alas, not many non-divers understand what's the big deal, and they continue to support this massacre of innocent sharks, unknowingly and unintentionally in some cases.

My primary resolution was to accomplish something that has been on my To Do list ever since I was a kid... to become a certified diver.

I completed the PADI OWC course last weekend!

Back
Top Bottom