New Years Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With my regular dive buddies, I was able to get into Burleigh Falls. The water had warmed up to 34 o F and a healthy current both helped to push back the ice off the cable. Enviro sealed Regs & exposure suits did their work, although noone was keen to do OOA drills coming back in the current! The fish had the good sense to go South for the winter...

The Trident Club of Peterborough,
had their traditional New Year's Day Splash at Lock19, of the Trent Severn water-way at Lock 19 in Peterborough Ontario.
Unfortunately I have a cold and didn't go in, but half a dozen other crazy canucks did.

I had to seetle with video taping the crew and taking a couple of snap shots. It was great fun watching them jump in at the dam and float around in the back eddy.

After a half an hour we all headed to Tin Hortins for some hot soup and sandwiches.

Mike D
:blfish:

I went diving on New Year's Day with my LDS.. In the old Welland Canal.. The original plan was to have a dramatic giant stride entry off an old railroad bridge, unfortunately things got moved to a boat ramp instead.. nothing to see but a muddy bottom :)
My buddies regs froze up and we had to cut out dive short.. Too bad really.. I was just getting comfy in my TLS350 and my Weezels.. They really are nice and toasty.. A whole 7 minutes.. but I did manage to make it in the water :) Woohoo...
Does anybody have an good suggestions on how to keep your lips from falling off?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom