New Years Day @ Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Ber, I do remember meeting you just as you were about to go into the water at the DUI Demo days this year. Nice hood btw. LOL. I doubt you remember, but I was there for my OWC with Rec diving. So for dives 6 and 7 in my log, I have drysuit on it. Great thing to do after getting certified, although it spoiled me very early in that I fell in love with drysuits and now want nothing to do with wetsuits. Problem is, can't afford one right now LOL...

I was just there over the weekend (Sunday December 3rd) and for my first time diving in this kind of weather (surface weather I mean), it really wasn't that bad. The water was around 50 degrees, and the first dive we did was about 43 minutes. It was actually quite fun doing this in a 7mm wetsuit (2 piece naturally) thank God for hoods, boots and gloves though. As for surface interval... I didn't even think about taking off the top half. Was too afraid of it freezing on me. It does get cold as hell at the surface, however my suggestion, bring an extra cooler and fill it up with hot water. Then after the dive put your wetsuit, or at least the top half in the cooler. That way it will be nice and warm when you put it on. Of course you could also do what I did, wear it the whole day (4 hours on Sunday in below 50 degree air temperature). Just bring a 2nd pair of gloves LOL...

Of course there is always my favorite thing (if only I could afford it) a drysuit... and with that I will end this post for now...

Paint

Thanks Ber, I do remember meeting you just as you were about to go into the water at the DUI Demo days this year. Nice hood btw. LOL. I doubt you remember, but I was there for my OWC with Rec diving. So for dives 6 and 7 in my log, I have drysuit on it. Great thing to do after getting certified, although it spoiled me very early in that I fell in love with drysuits and now want nothing to do with wetsuits. Problem is, can't afford one right now LOL...

I was just there over the weekend (Sunday December 3rd) and for my first time diving in this kind of weather (surface weather I mean), it really wasn't that bad. The water was around 50 degrees, and the first dive we did was about 43 minutes. It was actually quite fun doing this in a 7mm wetsuit (2 piece naturally) thank God for hoods, boots and gloves though. As for surface interval... I didn't even think about taking off the top half. Was too afraid of it freezing on me. It does get cold as hell at the surface, however my suggestion, bring an extra cooler and fill it up with hot water. Then after the dive put your wetsuit, or at least the top half in the cooler. That way it will be nice and warm when you put it on. Of course you could also do what I did, wear it the whole day (4 hours on Sunday in below 50 degree air temperature). Just bring a 2nd pair of gloves LOL...

Of course there is always my favorite thing (if only I could afford it) a drysuit... and with that I will end this post for now...

Paint

I have 2 farmer johns that I have been know to change to the second one for the next dive. Another thing I have done is throw hood and gloves on the dash of the car and run the defroster for a while blowing hot air right on them.

Ken

Another thing I have done is throw hood and gloves on the dash of the car and run the defroster for a while blowing hot air right on them.

To those of you considering this solution I would like to point out the fact that although the defroster will solve the wet/cold glove problem ... It will create yet another called "Stinky Neoprene Car Scent". Although a great solution in a pinch I encourage those reading this to weigh the consequence before making it a habit.

Cheers!

-Adam-

was so hoping to make it down there for this, but unfortunately i get to get neutered on the 28th, and dont think that i really want to push the issue lugging 60 lbs of equipment after 3 days.

was so hoping to make it down there for this, but unfortunately i get to get neutered on the 28th, and dont think that i really want to push the issue lugging 60 lbs of equipment after 3 days.

Speaking from experience.. Take it easy for at LEAST 3 days. I felt pretty good after a day and a half so I resumed my normal routine. I paid the price... so really, take it easy for 3 or 4 days. More if you can. :)

Speaking from experience.. Take it easy for at LEAST 3 days. I felt pretty good after a day and a half so I resumed my normal routine. I paid the price... so really, take it easy for 3 or 4 days. More if you can. :)

TMI!!! TMI!!!:11:

:( It is with deep regrets that I have to inform you that I can't make the NYD get together at Gilboa. As some of you know, besides being a video producer, I am also a photographer. I just contracted a wedding that will take place on NYD---can you believe it?!!! Who would get married on NYD?? Why did I do such a thing, you ask? Because diving is expensive and I can't pass up the $1000+ I will make. On that day, I will get about a third of a dive trip to somewhere---or a 30 cu. ft. pony setup---or BP/wings---or half of a new dry suit. or----- Also, that would make for one expensive day of diving. Man, I was hoping to win that season pass or that UW scooter. Good luck to those who make it there. Well, maybe 2009. Ya'll have fun.

Denny

:( It is with deep regrets that I have to inform you that I can't make the NYD get together at Gilboa. As some of you know, besides being a video producer, I am also a photographer. I just contracted a wedding that will take place on NYD---can you believe it?!!! Who would get married on NYD?? Why did I do such a thing, you ask? Because diving is expensive and I can't pass up the $1000+ I will make. On that day, I will get about a third of a dive trip to somewhere---or a 30 cu. ft. pony setup---or BP/wings---or half of a new dry suit. or----- Also, that would make for one expensive day of diving. Man, I was hoping to win that season pass or that UW scooter. Good luck to those who make it there. Well, maybe 2009. Ya'll have fun.

Denny

That's a bummer....we were looking forward to your video from Palau/Yap. Perhaps at the next meet-n-greet.

Cheers

JC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom