newbie from manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

I just got back last night from a weekend of diving off of Alantic Beach NC - on WWII wrecks. Going to DEMA show next weekend, then Key Largo diving next month. Zoom, zoom! :pilot:

Completing your Dive Info helps in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message."

don :shades:

welcome to SB! i always do a search when i log onto the site. searching for anything new said or written about the philippines or by someone from here. glad to see another fellow diver from the country! i envy you, diving in malapascua is supposed to be amazing! almost always guaranteed thresher sharks. did you hear about the thresher that got caught in some fishing line around anilao? sad sad thing. but i guess it's also a good sign that the area can support sharks like that right? hope you enjoy your dives in the visayas! tell us how it goes :)

Hi marcc,

Welcome to Scuba Board! I'm sure you'll enjoy the diving around there. As has already been said, you can see some wrecks in Subic, but Coron would be better, and you could make a day trip from Manila down to Anilao. I was there in August, and although it's not the best time of the year to dive in P.I., it was still great!

marcc:
Hi Guys. I just registered with scubaboard and wanted to give a shoutout to everyone.

Cheers!
MABUHAY!

just signed up myself, nice to see there are other pinoys out there!

HI TO EVERY MOTHER'S WET CHILD HERE ON THE BOARD!

marcc... who'd you do your OW classes with? going to malapascua already fresh out of cert? cool! still looking for the chance to do a major exotic dive (tuba, pascua, apo... anything...) hope to do one real soon!!!

have a great one! kwento ka!

Jag

hi marcc,

if you ever visit northern mindanao / cagayan de oro / camiguin to dive, PM me.

welcome to scubaboard!

scubagun:
hi marcc,

if you ever visit northern mindanao / cagayan de oro / camiguin to dive, PM me.

welcome to scubaboard!
hey gun,

i've heard (and read) that camiguin diving is great... can you give me lang an idea of how much i'd need to dive there?

anilao is do-able for about P3,500 (+/- $65) a weekend (with accomods and food)... galera is $20 a dive...

Jag

shugar:
hey gun,

i've heard (and read) that camiguin diving is great... can you give me lang an idea of how much i'd need to dive there?

anilao is do-able for about P3,500 (+/- $65) a weekend (with accomods and food)... galera is $20 a dive...

Jag

i've heard the same things myself. apparently not a lot of people head there yet. pristine reefs ba? would you know what types of diving? wall? slope? currents? :)

lara

there's an island in camiguin named mantigue island, there you can do mostly wall dives. very clear water and current is moderate. there are also some sites in camiguin.

the dive rates depend on where you take off from or where you'll stay. my dive operator is Mantangale Alibuag Dive Resort.

check out their site:

http://www.divecamiguin.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom