Newbie from Poland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania:
LIT - hmmm, your on-line translator is not the best one - but with a bit of good will we Poles can understand what are you trying to say
:D

Hey - All I know about the Poles is Dingus Day and I have waaaay to much fun at those parties :D

Bhhh, That's the last time I try to say "Hi" in Polish.

LIt
C'mon keep on trying - next time you will do better
:D
Or I prepare some cut/paste welcome notes in Polish if you want :p
Mania
PS. Smingus Dyngus is fun.....
BTW my grandfather was born in Buffalo....

Hehe, I tried online translating for a while. It's okay for translating from another language to English, which I can sorta' handle, but I gave up trying to welcome others that. way. Let me know if I can help you find your way around here.

Which one of these flags is right, anyway....?

:cowboy: don

DandyDon:
Which one of these flags is right, anyway....?
Ooh, ooh, ooh, I know! (Is there a springbutt smiley? Maybe this --> :multi: )

Having asked the same question after moving here three years ago. Many Poles don't know themselves.

The flag with the eagle crest is the official "state flag;" it's supposed to be used solely outside of the country. So you see it on like ships, and I'm sure Polish diplomatic facilities.

The flag without the crest is the "normal" one you usually see listed in references. It's what flies here inside the country every time you see it.

It's interesting... there's still apparently a law, left over from communist times, that it's forbidden to fly the flag anywhere -- other than government buildings -- unless it's an official national holiday. The reason is that the communists didn't want their loyal citizens "voting with their flags" by flying the colors on the old burgeois holidays, like the old Independence Day, November 11... yes, Armistice Day... which, by the way, has now been restored as Independence Day. And no one has gotten around to changing that silly law.

Sure enough, Mr. and Mrs. Polish Citizen don't fly the flag unless there's a holiday. But, man, do they fly it then!! You should have seen it after the Pope died... a whole week of official mourning... and flags.

More than you wanted to know, Don? :D

--Marek

Wow, Marek - I'm impressed
Mania

That was a mouthfull for sure, anyway welcome to SB Sebastian.

David

Marek K:
You may be right, though it still doesn't sound right. $100 for a visa, just so you have the privilege :06: of transferring flights at JFK Airport in New York??

I'll ask someone tomorrow, if I remember.

Marek, any update concerning this matter? Did you ask maybe someone in the Embassy how it look when I just have transfer in U.S?

Cheers,
Sebastian.

stiwi:
Marek, any update concerning this matter? Did you ask maybe someone in the Embassy how it look when I just have transfer in U.S?
Sorry, Sebastian. I've been home sick, with a terrible cold since Monday. I should be back at work tomorrow... I hope...

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom