Newbie from Vero Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diehl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I can't wait to get certified next month :wink: But I have alot to learn. I have scuba dived once about 15 years ago and it was great. But I'm married now with children and would like to get certified for safety reasons. I bought a H20 Odessey mask from my LDS for $40 it has a great seal on my face but are they good quality? And I would love to own my own equipment as soon as I get my cert. But there is so many out there :11: I have been reading many post on which equipment is best? But it seems that the best gear is what that person has, that post? I want something that is not going to break me and something that is going to last for years and be very dependable. And do I really need a wet suit right away along with a computer? I live about 6 miles from the East coast of Florida so I will be diving alot mostly Lobstering and spear fishing. But one day would love to dive deeper to wrecks.

Heya and welcome to the Board... Your not to far from us so after you get your certification, you'll have to come diving with us. As far as your mask concerns, If it feels good and doesn't leak, I'd say you've found a winner. I would do a ton of research for yourself on you high end equipment, like your regulator and your BCD. Your right, you'll ask ten people the same question on what the "best" equipment is, and end up with ten different answers.

Best of luck and keep us updated on your progress!

baitedstorm:
Heya and welcome to the Board... Your not to far from us so after you get your certification, you'll have to come diving with us. As far as your mask concerns, If it feels good and doesn't leak, I'd say you've found a winner. I would do a ton of research for yourself on you high end equipment, like your regulator and your BCD. Your right, you'll ask ten people the same question on what the "best" equipment is, and end up with ten different answers.

Best of luck and keep us updated on your progress!

Thanks, I will do that :wink: Do you think I should get a package online? or at Deep Six in Vero? That where I will be certified

Diehl:
Thanks, I will do that :wink: Do you think I should get a package online? or at Deep Six in Vero? That where I will be certified

Does Deep Six give their students a good discount? Ask them about a discount... you can't lose. I support my LDS as much as I can... but at the same time... if I find something online for next to nothing... I'm not going to pass it up.

Who's teaching your class at Deep Six? They do have some good instructors. I took my IDC there. Philippe was wonderful.

Al

I'm not all that familar with Deep Six. I met an instructor from there once (can't remember her name) As for buying equipment online, I wouldn't do it. Find a dive shop you like, even if it means you'll have to travel a little ways, and get your stuff there. We use a shop out in St. Lucie West and have been very pleased so far.

pm me if you need any other help. I think my husband (murphdivers286) is a little more familar with the dive shop north of us, I'll make sure he reads this thread.

welcome aboard, diehl

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome to Scubaboard. Good luck with your certification and let us know when you're official!

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Don't forget to fill out your profile, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically from your profile, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom