Newbie wants to know... Dominica, Bonaire, or Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isles
I can also recommend Sand Dollar, I have stayed there 4 times. The house reef is fantastic and only 50 yds or so from the beach. The staff have always been friendly and the food is ok. Evenings I like to venture into the town and watch the people.
Have fun where ever you decide and tell us what it's like.
Victor

I have not been to Dominica or Bonaire and only Roatan once on a cruise last week but I can say that after seeing Roatan, I want to go back. Its a very beautiful island and all the people I met were friendly. Even the military carrying automatic weapons were nice :wink: I dove with subway water sports and they allowed us the freedome to dive our own plans and would guide us only when asked. Great bunch of people.
I don't think you could go wrong in Roatan.

Have you considered looking into Utila?
I have not been there but I have seen some really incredible prices for week dive packages that include hotel and all the diving you want at around $600. Now thats cheap!

Scooter

Thanks all for your advice. I've decided on Dominica and have booked two weeks in the middle of Jan. It can't come soon enough.

You are going to like Dominica....it's really nice for diving and hiking. A must do for a hike if you can is the The Boiling Lake hike...it's an 8 hr. hike, but it's really nice through the rain forest to The Valley of Desolation and then onto the Boiling Lake. I though i was going to die doing this hike...but, it was fun. Also a nice one is to Trafalgar Falls...the diving there is also really nice..i mostly liked diving at Scott's Head. Where are u going to stay?

Back
Top Bottom