Newly Certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

welcome to the tribe, i mean the asylum, i mean um, welcome!!

take a last good look at your bank accounts, because it's the last time you'll see it at this high level.

fishballer:
take a last good look at your bank accounts, because it's the last time you'll see it at this high level.

I totally agree on that comment! :wink:

WELCOME!

From another Ontario diver, welcome and congrats. Dont forget to check out the Canadian threads, and in particular Ontario Freshwater Freaks. Alos there the intario diving board (google ontario diving). You'll find lots of folks from down your way.

If you get to the eastern basin or the St.Lawrence give us a shout.

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcomes.
Just did my first Drift Dive. They call it the superman dive--LOL, I know why, 5 to 6 knot current.
I did OK at first, I was weighted just about right with a full tank of Air, but when I got down under 1500 psi, my tank became a balloon and I ended up fighting to stay down.
It was a great learning experiance and I know that I need a little more weight. I had a brand new 7mm wetsuit on with the 7mm jacket, hood and gloves. This probably contributed to me being more buoyant than when I did my Check out dives.

ramsabi:
Hi Holly,

I am pretty new to diving but want to try my hand at answering your question.

BP/W is Backplate with Wings. It is a type of BCD. ANother type of BCD is the Jacket Type. You will find endless discussions on the merits of all types of BCDs on /the Board.
Right Folks?

This one I know

Fin Pivot is a skill that you will do in your Open Water Course. Basically it will consist of adjusting your buoyancy so that as you lie fully stretched flat on the bottom of the pool/sea you pivot on the tips of your fins by inhaling.

Ramsabi, you are right on both answers....

Thanks Ramsabi! Not worried about the BC/W...that's a matter of preference then. Fin Pivot is a new one on me! We didn't cover that in our pool classes. Ummmmm....wonder what other new skills I'll need to know when open water time comes....yikes.

Congrats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom