Newspaper article on Philippine coral reefs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'll have a beer caloy... do you have one of them green ones laying around cold? :popcorn:

*proceed*

Donuts anyone?

41.gif

LOL@ World Wide Diva

Holy crap, you folks get serious doncha? Given that this thread started as a sad comment about the reefs of Bataan, what about that? I mean sure, no diver is going to stick up for cyanide & dynamite fishing but is it legit to think "the battle can be won" to save what remains of Bataan's reefs? We seem so hell bent on tearing up the planet (and each other apparently) it feels like the ecological triumphs just get fewer and fewer. So what about Bataan, anyone have any local insight on whether it's toast or not? // ww

Holy crap, you folks get serious doncha? Given that this thread started as a sad comment about the reefs of Bataan, what about that? I mean sure, no diver is going to stick up for cyanide & dynamite fishing but is it legit to think "the battle can be won" to save what remains of Bataan's reefs? We seem so hell bent on tearing up the planet (and each other apparently) it feels like the ecological triumphs just get fewer and fewer. So what about Bataan, anyone have any local insight on whether it's toast or not? // ww
Well said, but I wanted to make WWD look foolish first before focusing on the REAL issues at hand. :wink:

if you follow his post history you would realize my reason for doing so.

Every year I go back to Palawan to dive, the reefs are a little bit more torn up. I see fishermen out walking on the corals at night, during low tide. I know they need to make a living but it hurts to see it. And then the trash.... It was indeed an evil day when plastic was invented. I fear it will end up by choking the world.

Every year I go back to Palawan to dive, the reefs are a little bit more torn up. I see fishermen out walking on the corals at night, during low tide. I know they need to make a living but it hurts to see it. And then the trash.... It was indeed an evil day when plastic was invented. I fear it will end up by choking the world.

I think the plastic problem, plastic bags in particular, will be a lot easier to solve than saving the reefs. Many places have simply banned the use of plastic bags.

you're calling moderators on chip? i think the moderators may be more interested in your use of the word PRICK. and, oh, look who's talking? if we make a poll as to who is the biggest PRICK here, i'd bet my hayden camera collection that you'd win hands down, no contest.:lotsalove:
you have a hayden camera collection? email them to me please...

i haven't seen them all, and it turns out the princess velasco girl went to the same school as imee... just a couple batches younger...

i haven't seen her video yet...

*oops... sorry... hijack... ok, where were we?*

oh, yeah, WWD you're a :knob:!

Jag

files too big to email. check out the intarwebz you noob! or go to quiapo. hehe. all i have are available online.

Back
Top Bottom