Night dive in Bonaire.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
This dive turned into a solo night dive because all the noobs turned the dive when we ran into another group from a different entry point. By the time I realized they had turned, I was "Yes! Peace at last!"

That's the down side of doing night dives on the resort piers. Everyone hits the drink about the same time, half of them are borderline freaked out and cannot see anything outside of the four foot circle in front of them.

When we were there last June my wife and got molested twice by the same group of about dozen newbs. They over took us about 10 minutes into the dive kicking us repeatedly turing around to shine their gigawatt flashlights into our eyes to see what they were kicking. At 25 minutes they were headed right at us again. We dropped down about ten feet and turned our lights off till they passed. This was at Buddy's headed towards Don's. We weren't done yet but when we saw another large group coming from Don's we headed back.

It can get a bit crowded for a night dive. I prefer my night dive early mornings

I have never done pre-dawn dives. Mostly because they aren't practical at home and I don't want to get up extra early on vacation.....

This dive was 40 minutes solo out of an hour long dive.

I have never done pre-dawn dives. Mostly because they aren't practical at home and I don't want to get up extra early on vacation.....
I hear you but I am an early bird and when the reef is right out in front steps away it makes it easy for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom