Night Diving Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caniac

Registered
Reaction score
We are making our first trip to Curacao in May for 2 weeks. We are planning on spending a week in the Wespunt area and a week in the Jan Thiel area. What are some of the best sites to do a night dive on Curacao? Are there any areas with soft corals where there might be ostracods like on Bonaire? Any other general dive tips for Curacao are also appreciated.
TIA

Tug boat is a very nice nite site
IMG_3249.jpeg
IMG_3260.jpeg
IMG_3307.jpeg
IMG_3298.jpeg
IMG_3390.jpeg

I never dove it without something tied up there.... That big exploration ship was there for our first 3 trips, and then the platform was there this past December (and no diving was allowed)..

Are staying at a place with a house reef? If so that would be my recommendation.

I did Armageddon at night, it was awesome, tons of creatures.

Night dove Tugboat last August. Seemed to be pretty abundant marine life.

We are making our first trip to Curacao in May for 2 weeks. We are planning on spending a week in the Wespunt area and a week in the Jan Thiel area. What are some of the best sites to do a night dive on Curacao? Are there any areas with soft corals where there might be ostracods like on Bonaire? Any other general dive tips for Curacao are also appreciated.
TIA
Lucky you! Curacao is awesome! There are a bunch of good night dive sites there. I've included a link below that you can check out. Keep in mind two things with ostracods....which you may already know....

1. You can't see them everywhere. Only in places with a blue seed shrimp population (that's what ostracods are) like Bonaire. There may not be ostracods in Curacao. I've never heard of an ostracod dive there, but I've also never tried. :)

2. The best time to see them is 2 to 5 days after a full moon (5th day is optimum). The full moon in May is on May 23rd, so you'd have to make sure you're on island then. If you do see them there, please let us all know. It'd be good info!

Have fun! Curaçao: The Caribbean Getaway That Sets You Free

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom