Night Diving Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lucky you! Curacao is awesome! There are a bunch of good night dive sites there. I've included a link below that you can check out. Keep in mind two things with ostracods....which you may already know....

1. You can't see them everywhere. Only in places with a blue seed shrimp population (that's what ostracods are) like Bonaire. There may not be ostracods in Curacao. I've never heard of an ostracod dive there, but I've also never tried. :)

2. The best time to see them is 2 to 5 days after a full moon (5th day is optimum). The full moon in May is on May 23rd, so you'd have to make sure you're on island then. If you do see them there, please let us all know. It'd be good info!

Have fun! Curaçao: The Caribbean Getaway That Sets You Free
Thanks. We have seen the ostracods several times on Bonaire and know when to look for them - we plan our trips around the full moon :) We always find them at sites with abundant soft corals - we'll have a few days on Curacao before the ostracods would be active to scope out some likely sites. I have no idea if they are around Curacao but we will look and post if we have any success.

Is this on Curacao? It's not listed in my book.
Didn't get it from a book, local told me about it. Enter at Marie Pampoen go to the left there's a barge down there and a bunch of rubble, little rail cars, ect.

Truthfully, "Armageddon" is a way better name for that site than it's normal name, "Car Pile".
Not the car pile.

Thanks. We have seen the ostracods several times on Bonaire and know when to look for them - we plan our trips around the full moon :) We always find them at sites with abundant soft corals - we'll have a few days on Curacao before the ostracods would be active to scope out some likely sites. I have no idea if they are around Curacao but we will look and post if we have any success.
Sounds great....and GO CANES!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom