Night Diving This Weekend (9/17/11)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hetland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looks like the tides are getting to be right for a night dive at Destin Jetties this coming Saturday (9/17/2011). High tide isn't officially until 1:00 AM but a few folks are looking to meet up just around sunset at 7:00pm for a tank or two, followed by a debrief at McGuires. If you're comfortable diving at night, come on out and join us.

I wish I could, I'm working all weekend.

:goingdown: ReCharge is in , night dive , good chance to try out my new Mares H. D. air intergraded computer :zap:

Ummm, what to do, what to do? Very tempting!:D

Keep in mind: offshore doesn't look good this weekend. As a result, we'll be shore diving across the panhandle all day, but I think the viz will be bad until we get to destin and close to high tide....

next weekend is a trip to JB for sidemount testing, and cavern dives. two weeks after that is Vortoberfest :D

Guess I will have to see you at JB next weekend. I plan on being there for ED's big day.
Keep in mind: offshore doesn't look good this weekend. As a result, we'll be shore diving across the panhandle all day, but I think the viz will be bad until we get to destin and close to high tide....next weekend is a trip to JB for sidemount testing, and cavern dives. two weeks after that is Vortoberfest :D

Well for all that didn't come out you really missed out on a great dive(s). Hetland, Recharge and I did an early dive and viz was a bit green but not terrible and as the dive progessed it got better. The night dive was even better viz and by the end of that dive we had great viz. Recharge, Hetland, myself, doccarl, kate, grouper321, and tedfirediver all made the treknout to dive. On both dives I went out to the anchor, which is the most uncovered I've ever seen it. With all the storms and dredging its a whole new dive out by the anchor with a ton to see. Kate (Mrs. doccarl) found a nearly new Penn 320gti and rod. If you lost one look on E-Bay if you would like it back! :)

After the dive we headed to McGuires for some great food and fellowship! great time had by all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom