Nikon AW1 Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oi! When you add it all up without the camera... The Strobe, Arm, Fiber-Optic Adapter, Fiber Optic Cable... turns out to be almost 2x the price of the camera...

Underwater photography is how you make your 700.00 camera body cost 7000.

I just returned from Belize and used the Nikon 1 AW1 while I was snorkeling and for most of my surface use. It was not my primary rig for underwater. I use a Nikon D7000 in an Ikelite housing. I never took the Nikon 1 AW1 below 25' feet. Since I spent most of my time breath hold diving I'd thought this would be perfect for this use.
ase8uqep.jpg
ajyvy6a6.jpg
azu5y2e9.jpg

Last edited:
They will be releasing the new Nikon 1 SB-N10 Speedlight Nikon SB-N10 Underwater Speedlight Flash for Nikon 1 3773 B&H that can be used with the 1 AW-1 using the Fiber Optic Cable Adapter with it Nikon SR-N10A Underwater Fiber-Optic Cable Adapter 3784 B&H (in a few weeks):clapping:
Are these Nikon items just re-badged Sea & Sea products?

As a reference, Olympus "produced" the UFL-1 & UFL-2 strobes. I think (but could be wrong) that the UFL-1 was just a rebranded Sea&Sea YS-17? strobe. The UFL-2 was a Sea&Sea housing with Olympus internals, definitely not a stock Sea & Sea strobe.

Waiting tor the Nikonos RS clone!!

Hi,
I took my brand new AW1+zoom for snorchling down to 3m - 1 hour in the water. There was condensation on the display from inside, water drops in the battery area and a water drop under the front lens from inside.
I dryer everything, sent it to Nikon. They didn't even find a fault but exchanged the lens.

Hi,

I have similar situation.

Last month I bring my new AW1+zoom diving down to 13m about 40mins in the water, condensation on the display from inside , after back to ground, I press buttons to view picture, suddenly display is black and work no more, water drops in the battery area, but front lens is no problem. I doubt water is from flash part.

I sent it to Nikon but still waiting it back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom