Nikon D850

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squalo305

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
can anyone comment on the performance of this camera Underwater? Is it the best? Pros and cons, compared to other nikons, canon, sony?
Thank you!

This is a relatively new camera and is still not available easiiy. Therefore I don't think there is much experience with it underwater.

I can't imagine that it's much different than the D800 or the D810. Both of those have taken phenomenal photos under water. You will, of course, need a case. Otherwise it will suck under water.

Yes I just decided to go for it! And just bought the camera! But now a different type of question, I am now looking into housings and have some quotes for a Nauticam housing for D850, also subal are great but I saw on a review that it went broke or something like that, but sea and sea, or any other brand. Is nauticam the way to go??

Actually, some of the prevalent underwater photography stores have tested the Nikon D850 and have reported positively about the camera's underwater capabilities. Recently, Blue Water Photo posted a very favorable review.

It looks like there is a wide range of housings available. Nauticam, Aquatica, Sea & Sea, and Ikelite are making housings. Given the cost of the camera, make sure you have flood insurance on it.

I haven't bought a D850 yet, but plan to purchase one sometime in July. Supply is beginning to catch up with demand. The camera shops I usually purchase from have finally filled pre-orders and are stocking some D850's.

-AZTinman

Subal did not go broke. They merely moved the manufacturing to Belgrade.
Subal ND850 Underwater Housing for Nikon D850 DSLR Camera
su-10nd850_1.jpg

post-713-0-44135700-1519290217.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I just decided to go for it! And just bought the camera! But now a different type of question, I am now looking into housings and have some quotes for a Nauticam housing for D850, also subal are great but I saw on a review that it went broke or something like that, but sea and sea, or any other brand. Is nauticam the way to go??
While you are looking at housings, don't forget about Aquatica. They have just released their housing for the D850.

I just took a photo course from one of the legendary underwater photographers. The instructor hadnt yet used the D850 but felt it could be the best on the market.

Are nauticam and subal worth the extra money?

I know subal are great plus the housing weights less (1kg) than nauticam. And it has the top window on the housing. Is it better than nauticam? Or what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom