Nikon D90 Still Images and Video Clips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_buddy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been using a Nikon D90 camera underwater for a little over a year now. I have recently been making slideshows with music and animation from the still images. Most of the images are macro but not all.

Here is a recent video showing the marine life at the Los Coronados Islands of Mexico.
http://vimeo.com/11151720

David

what housing do you use?

Nice pictures David! Thanks for sharing. I am also interested in what housing/strobe you are using.

Very good shots. Have you thought about going wide angle? I use the D90 with video a lot and very satisfied with the results. I've got a Tokina 12mm lens that takes excellent wide angle shots and hoping I could find someone who uses that combo with a dome port on the Ikelite housing.

TheBlueWhale,
i will be soon back in Sardinia and one of the things on the "to do" list is try my Tokina 12-24mm with the domeport shooting video with my Ikelite D90.

The 6'' dome port for the Ikelite is about 190$, not so much for a big step further. The only issue is that i get soft borders with my Tokina 12-24mm, a +3 diopter helps, but it's still visible, but shooting videos it may becomes less visible as the images are moving.

Chris

I use a Tokina 10-17mm with my D90 behind a 8 inch ikelite dome port. I have added a few video to my flickr site on the link below. I am currently playing around with WB to get a little better colour out of my video.

Regards Mark

AussieByron,
if you can fit a red filter between the lens and the dome you may try this too. My friend and professional videographer is using this solution on his videocam with very good results.

Chris

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom