Nikon D90 Underwater Shots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AussieB, one more question from this aspiring UW ph. what strobe set up did you use?
Thanks!

Great Pics! were all of your Flickr shots taken with your 10-17? Was the mantis shrimp?

And for what its worth: I e-mailed Sea and Sea and they have no plans of releasing D90 housing anytime soon.

Hi bcgoose.

All of my wide angle are from the 10-17mm. If you go to the left of the page on the flickr site you can see the properties section. Go into the properties section and it has all the data of the shot.

I also use two Ikelite DS125 strobes. I like the coverage of them but wish they had a more battery life.

As for housings I would take the look at an ikelite or aquatica housings.

Regards Mark

Some more D90 pics...
2802105970100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

2740298540100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

Some WW2 coke bottles...
2893791250100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi all, im new to the boards so please be gentle!

Just got d90 so looking around for housing. Got a question about the aquatica, what does single / dual bulk head mean (sorry for being dozy)?:confused:

Going diving in Fiji in June. Just bought my Nikon D90. Looking for an underwater housing. What kind of lens / flash / housing setup do you recommend?? Thanks for the input! :)

Congratulations to aussiebyron! makes others, like me, happy to have bought the D90.
I lack funds but...when that's solved, I will buy the Hugyfot housing, and continue to use my YS-100 strobes. Maybe...maybe, i'll switch to ultralight for strobe arms.

Hi all, im new to the boards so please be gentle!

Just got d90 so looking around for housing. Got a question about the aquatica, what does single / dual bulk head mean (sorry for being dozy)?:confused:

The bulkhead is where the strobe sync cord or ttl converter attaches. Aquatica has options for single Nikonos type bulkhead, two Nikonos bulkheads, Ikelite manual bulkhead or Ikelite ttl (through the lens metering) bulkhead, depending on which strobe, cord and lighting system you plan to use. The standard issue is a single Nikonos bulkhead.

The bulkhead is where the strobe sync cord or ttl converter attaches. Aquatica has options for single Nikonos type bulkhead, two Nikonos bulkheads, Ikelite manual bulkhead or Ikelite ttl (through the lens metering) bulkhead, depending on which strobe, cord and lighting system you plan to use. The standard issue is a single Nikonos bulkhead.

thanks Larry, so if I want try TTL do I go for the Ikelite TTL setup? Also Aquatic seem to have a single bulk head for that setup, would there be a reason why, and how would it work if I wanted two strobes and a focus light?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom