Nikon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Coolpix 5700 that I would love to put in the water. But I'm having a hard time justifying spending more for the housing than I did for the camera!
Nikon itself, makes 4 housings as far as I can tell. Of course, not for the 5700 and their response was that they don't talk about anything that's not released.
That makes me lean towards the Canon/Oly solution. I can buy a 5MP camera, housing and some accessories for the money I would have to spend on a housing for my 5700.

bubble blower:
You see a lot of olympus and canon because olympus and canon made housings for most of their consumer/prosumer level cameras.

Sorry I didn't explain myself... I'm not digital, I take picture with a N-80 Nikon with a Underwave housing, a Subtronic Mega flash and a Seacam 200W.
The point is that these equipment probably is not common there ... and I was lookin for a Nikon forum.

Hi yellow whale!!

Ladies and gentlemen, divers and not, I'd like to introduce you one of the most famous and appreciated italian uw photoartgrapher: Rejetto!!!!!!

Please, don't tease him with digital... :wink:

ciaoooo, Marco

onbelaydave:
I've been shooting Nikon's for 35 years. Check my Gallery to see what a old-fashioned film cam can do. FWIW however, I am really starting to love my Fuji S2. Uses all my Nikon glass but gives me the instant feedback to corrrect my shots. I just got back from a 1 week backpacking trip and can't believe how much the S2 improved my "keeper" ratio!

I think that's the BIG difference between film and digital...the keeper ratio is SO MUCH BETTER! I really got tired of shooting 40 rolls of E-6 on an extended trip; paying for slide processing and only having 1/2 dozen keepers! The instant feedback changes the ratio dramatically! If you miss the shot on the first dive, you can check out the mistake, make the correction and get back down there to get it right the next dive! With the lag in E-6 processing, you could be 50 miles away from the bad shot before you know you blew it!

I'll bite on the Nikon line

D70 with Aquatica housing on the way
N90 with Ikelite housing
N55 no housing

and of course my trusty Nik Vs which i will never get rid of.
15mm lens still the finest thing underwater

Nikon Coolpix 995
Aquatica housing
Ikelite strobes

Joe

nikon 885/4300
fantasea cp-4 housing

D70 with no housing as yet
F90X for old times sake

I too use the Fuji S2, still clinging to my Nikonos III/15 mm though

BTW LukeROB please post or send me the link to the Nikon housing page

I too shoot a coolpix 995 with an ikelite housing and ikelite strobes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom