Ningaloo - wild Saturday & cruisey Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Saturday was crazy. The seas were so topsy turvy while we moored that I was totally seasick. Even my crew and skipper were seasick! But underwater it was beautiful blue water with tons of baitfish and feeding action, tons of cool critters and more photo subjects than an 8GB card could handle :wink:

Sunday's topside conditions were direct opposites - calm, clear, smooth. Underwater was just as good and with less surge...always a good thing! I was still feeling the effects of being so sick on Saturday so I took it easy and enjoyed just relaxing, so I didn't end up shooting much over the two days, but I came home with some new creatures and some fun shots.

Enjoy...

One of my crew had told me about an angler, and I adore them, so I had to brave the conditions on Saturday to find him. He's huge and I had the 100 on so had to back way up - the problem with that was all the stupid bait fish swimming in front of him making it extremely frustrating to get a clean shot! I wish he had his lure out, but I'll take his little footsie...
anglerbigH1.jpg

Dive site - Blizzard Ridge 14m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

On another site, my crew told me about a pair of halequin shrimp who had dragged a blue sea star into a hidey hole
harlqpair.jpg

Dive site - Gulliver's Wall 14m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

This little mantis shrimp was so cool - he'd pulled off this bit of lace coral and was scurrying around with it. I grabbed this quick frame when he brought it out from under this ledge, almost like he was showing it off!
mantistreasure.jpg

Dive site - Gulliver's 14m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

The velvetfish was hunkered down in some weed trying to pretend like he wasn't all colourful and bright!
velvetH2.jpg

Dive site - Gulliver's 12m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

It's only the second time I've really seen one of these amazingly bright yellow eels
yelloweel.jpg

Dive site - Razor's 14m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

A little tang guy swimming past
sparkletang.jpg

Dive site - Gulliver's 12m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

Bubble coral shrimp checking me out
shrimpbubbleH2.jpg

Dive site - Razor's 14m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

Porcelain crab catching lunch
crabwave.jpg

Canon 40D, Canon 100mm macro, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes

Magnificent Kristin!! With those subjects and your talent.....what a knockout combination!! WOW!!
++Ken++

Lovely pictures, Kristin! The yellow eel is very cool, those Porcelain Crabs just don't ever seem to have a bad side, and likewise the Shrimp shots are terrific. Thanks for sharing.

Wow....great shots! I love the Angler and the little yellow eel, and the Tang, and the crab and the.....:D

Thanks, All. Here's a few more for fun!

Giant clam
clamH1.jpg

Blenny in his shell hidey hole
blennyshell.jpg

Another triplefin coz they're just cute and I like their sparkly fins
triplefincoral.jpg

Reach for the sky!
stickemupcrab.jpg

Triggerfish buzzing me
triggercu.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom