Nitek 3 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dude that sucks, mine were tighter than all get out but all I had to do was grunt a bit with the right sized driver and they all came out.

Mail it to Dive Rite. For small screws, a good set of jeweler's screwdrivers pays for itself in lost aggravation and saved time.

yeah... i was thinking mailing to Dive Rite would be best.. assuming, of course,
they do this sort of thing

i'll have to call them and find out

I think sending it to Dive Rite or Dive Rite Express are your best options. I don't think using an EZ-Out and Heli-Coil on a dive computer screw would be something I'd try.

www.diveriteexpress.com

argggggggggggggg.......

this is the worst day in my "days of purchasing scuba equipment" category

the folks at DiveRite messed with the computer, but the screw in question stripped
the slot into which it fits

they can't guarantee that it will be water-tight ever again

they are also offering me a trade-in option for a Nitek He, even though
i bout the Nitek 3 used

still.... arggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhh

take the "He". better to have a New He than a non waterproof Nitek3. DR is awsome at standing behind their products, they've always taken care of all our customers problems (and mine too).

I think Tom's got it right - A working NiTek He (with a trade-in discount) on the wrist is better than a flooded NiTek3 on the scrap heap.

yes... well... you guys called me on it

OF COURSE i was gonna do the trade-in... but...

i got to whine a little first

I have confidence you'll find a way to 'grow' into it - weren't you posting a while back about opinions on computers for trimix before you bought the NiTek3?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom