Nitek He

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

narcT

Reaction score
Looking for a good computer for trimix/nitrox. I was looking at the Nitek He because the vr3 is way to expensive.

Anyone use the Nitek He?

AT $1000.00 US, I wouldn't call that one cheap either.

This is one time that I totally agree with my DIR bretheren......

These computers are way too much money for what they're actually worth.

I'd never not own a computer.........but I'd never spend this much on one either.

Talk to Chad Carney at www.spearboard.com

I know he has one, he mentioned to me when we were diving a while back that he had one, I don't think he was too impressed with it.

I have a VR3, I haven't dove with it yet.

I own and dive a Nitek He. It's been a reasonble computer. I dive primarily by table and use the He as a fancy bottom timer. The one real benefit is for handling unplanned circumstances.

It's also a great warm fuzzy when you're thinking about leaving that last stop and wondering what if . . .

This being said, I'm not totally comfortable with its algorithm. I find that on some dives I'm adding time to the stops it suggests, and on others I'm taking time away (based on a desktop generated profile). I always do stops much deeper than it requires, but that's to be expected.

-Merlin

Heck I can use my Vyper in guage mode for tables.

The Nitek he is aroung $900. Looks like the VR3 open circuit trimix is about $1225.

Is the VR3 that much better?

Atticus once bubbled...
I own and dive a Nitek He. It's been a reasonble computer. I dive primarily by table and use the He as a fancy bottom timer. The one real benefit is for handling unplanned circumstances.

It's also a great warm fuzzy when you're thinking about leaving that last stop and wondering what if . . .

This being said, I'm not totally comfortable with its algorithm. I find that on some dives I'm adding time to the stops it suggests, and on others I'm taking time away (based on a desktop generated profile). I always do stops much deeper than it requires, but that's to be expected.

-Merlin

You might find this interesting:

http://www.diverite.com/resource/conservatism/index.htm

narcT once bubbled...
Heck I can use my Vyper in guage mode for tables.

The Nitek he is aroung $900. Looks like the VR3 open circuit trimix is about $1225.

Is the VR3 that much better?

Sure, and I can use my Uwatec bottom timer (even less expensive) for tables. *But* the Nitek He gives you an emergency fall back in case you ... get entangled and are delayed on the botttom, have to look for a buddy, screw up a deep stop, etc.

narcT once bubbled...

You might find this interesting:

http://www.diverite.com/resource/conservatism/index.htm

Thanks for the link. I agree completely with the conclusion - plan your dive and dive your plan.

We are pretty AR about ascent rates - 30 fpm is the rule until you get to the last 20' - at that point we pretty much go up as slowly as possible, generally taking about two minutes (10 fpm).

Umm guess I will just have to get one and compare it to the tables on the way up:)

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom