Nitek Q Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Mark,

We would love for you to have your Q at full potential, too. I don't have any updates as of now, but will post as soon as we do. Please make sure you've registered your Q with us on our website as we will be contacting every Q owner personally when the software is ready. Product Registration

Best,
Kathleen

Thank you Kathleen. At least we are getting some response even if it is a "no updates" response. My Q has been registered. This is my third Dive Rite computer, and while it has been my favorite to use, I am having a hard time recommending it because of the lack of software.

Hi guys,

The Workbench software is being actively worked on, but I do not have an ETA. We're pressing to get more computers and the software now as dive season is in full swing and we want this product fully operational as much as you do. Believe me, as soon as its ready, I'll be shouting from the rooftops on every forum possible that it's available.

In the meantime, give us some feedback on the NiTek Q...how's it diving for you?

Thanks and sorry you guys are having to wait,
Kathleen

I have been diving my Nitek Q since March. Maybe 25 dives on it to date. Most of these have been deco dives. Easy to read, bright and large enough numbers for me to see. I like the computer, but there are a few things that bug me.
I dive a rebreather using mostly hypoxic mix. When doing my deco and I'm at a shallow depth the screen flashes continuously warning me that I'm not suppose to be breathing this mix. This would be correct if I was open circuit, but not on a rebreather, annoying.
Next, when programing in my mixes, say 10/50. After entering the 10% O2 and move the helium you can only scroll up. So if the mix I'm editing was 55% helium you have to scroll up through 0 to get to the new mix of 50%. Doing this causes the O2 I entered to change as the helium went up, so now you have to go back to the O2 and re-program it. Annoying.
Don't get me wrong I like the computer, and once the logbook software becomes available and maybe a couple of software tweaks it will much more enjoyable to use.

Al

I have about 40 dives on my Q now. I really love it as a computer. The display is incredibly easy to read under water. Navigating through the menus is very simple. THe only complaint I have had, aside from the software, was from a friend of mine who is debating on a new computer. The refresh rate of the screen is what kills it for him. When you move the computer quick the refresh rate makes things really screwy looking. Hard to describe. I try to explain to him to just not move your arm quick, and that he should not be moving his arms to begin with all over the place. lol.

Oh, one thing though is charging the computer. Sometimes it seems as though it does not want to start charging right away and that I have to plug it in again. Not a problem just more of a "hmmmm".

I have been diving my Nitek Q since March. Maybe 25 dives on it to date. Most of these have been deco dives. Easy to read, bright and large enough numbers for me to see. I like the computer, but there are a few things that bug me.
I dive a rebreather using mostly hypoxic mix. When doing my deco and I'm at a shallow depth the screen flashes continuously warning me that I'm not suppose to be breathing this mix. This would be correct if I was open circuit, but not on a rebreather, annoying.
Next, when programing in my mixes, say 10/50. After entering the 10% O2 and move the helium you can only scroll up. So if the mix I'm editing was 55% helium you have to scroll up through 0 to get to the new mix of 50%. Doing this causes the O2 I entered to change as the helium went up, so now you have to go back to the O2 and re-program it. Annoying.
Don't get me wrong I like the computer, and once the logbook software becomes available and maybe a couple of software tweaks it will much more enjoyable to use.

Al

Thanks, Scuba Al. Agreed on point two. On point one...do you have the NiTek Q4 or NiTek Q...just confirming.

Thanks!
Kathleen

---------- Post added ----------

I have about 40 dives on my Q now. I really love it as a computer. The display is incredibly easy to read under water. Navigating through the menus is very simple. THe only complaint I have had, aside from the software, was from a friend of mine who is debating on a new computer. The refresh rate of the screen is what kills it for him. When you move the computer quick the refresh rate makes things really screwy looking. Hard to describe. I try to explain to him to just not move your arm quick, and that he should not be moving his arms to begin with all over the place. lol.

Oh, one thing though is charging the computer. Sometimes it seems as though it does not want to start charging right away and that I have to plug it in again. Not a problem just more of a "hmmmm".

Thanks, James. The refresh thing is new feedback, thanks. Let me take this back to the R&D guys and see what's up.

Kathleen

Thanks, Scuba Al. Agreed on point two. On point one...do you have the NiTek Q4 or NiTek Q...just confirming.

Thanks!
Kathleen

I have the Nitek Q w/CCR and Trimix unlocked. I purchase it as a back up to my onboard rebreather computer. I dive a AP Vision Inspiration. Nice to be able to adjust the GF's, I want the Nitek Q to clear close to when the vision does. Right now I have the Vision running 30/80 GF and the Nitek Q 40/80. The Vision does not give actual stops, but give a ceiling. In most cases I would make my stops below what the Vision would say my ceiling is, usually about 10ft deeper. Now I tend to follow the Nitek Q as it gives me a depth and time for a given stop. Then confirm with the Vision before ascending to the next stop.
Once above the 20ft stop is when the screen begins to flash the warning. I would really like to see this changed with a future update. Makes total sense to flash the warning if diving OC but not CC as the rebreather is maintaining the set point(1.3) in my dives.
Thanks for asking, Al

Got it, thanks Al. I've passed this along to R&D today as many of these updates can be done via software (pending software :))

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom