Nitrox 28 Uncertified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy, even if they claim it's just air, unless you analyze it you are taking their word for it.

And even if it's air, unless you're analyzing for carbon monoxide you are taking their word that it's safe.

How many people do that?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

those are different issues. it is an industry practice to accept air without testing it for mix or impurities.

it is not industry practice (nor in my view it should be) to put something other than air on your back and go diving just because a dive shop says that mix is safe for the dive you are about to do.

if you don't have the knowledge as to what mix you are diving and can plan a safe dive with it (i.e. you know the MOD and NDLs at a minimum, as well as its cummulative O2 load) then you shouldn't dive that mix.

you know you don't test air. you also know you aint going to dive a mix that is new to you just because a shop says it's safe.

if you do (and we both know you wouldn't in a million years) then more power to you

hi guys

i have recently dived with subex

the first time i dived with them was sep 08, they do a welcome dive to see what ur skills are like and see if u need a private guide for ur week or 2 weeks diving while on holiday

they did not tell me i was using air 28 before the welcome dive, and the only reason i found out was because of the sticker on the side of the tank and then asked what it was all about!!!

there are 3 dives a day offered most days with subex, 8.30,11.00,and 2.00 in the day

there is a night dive on tuesday night and they do thistle gorm,ras moe and tiran on certain days too,on these days there are 2 dives

a typical days diving for me would be 2 dives, 1 to max 30 metres (around 26 or 28) in the morning and 1 to 18 in the afternoon, dives would be 60 min long roughly longer if my buddy doesnt lash through there air,i done this for 6 days in a row

am i likely to have problems with %cns with those kinda repetitive dives??

to be honest i am kinda freaked with subex at the moment for letting me dive without knowing exactly what dangers there were, i am a new diver with 40 dives done and i know a good bit more now but the first time i dived with them i had 15 dives or something and i was just delighted to be diving at all and i ,honest to god, knew nothing about nitrox at all so when i heard the guy talking about air 28 i thought it was brilliant to be allowed to use this "new" air and i would have longer dive times,little did i know??

i dont really see why they are offering this mix to people the way they are doing it? every diver uses this mix when they dive with subex (except for those using EAN32) so its not as if u have a choice to use normal air,is it just a marketing ploy to get people to come back to them,or do they genuenly want to give divers the benifits of the mix?? what do they gain from all of this?

do u think its perhaps the culture of the german people to do things this way,nearly all the people diving with them are german??

hi guys

am i likely to have problems with %cns with those kinda repetitive dives??

to be honest i am kinda freaked with subex at the moment for letting me dive without knowing exactly what dangers there were, i am a new diver with 40 dives done and i know a good bit more now but the first time i dived with them i had 15 dives or something and i was just delighted to be diving at all and i ,honest to god, knew nothing about nitrox at all so when i heard the guy talking about air 28 i thought it was brilliant to be allowed to use this "new" air and i would have longer dive times,little did i know??

Buleetu, you might want to consider taking the basic Nitrox course. Actual dives are not required anymore by PADI, TDI and other providers so it is just a one evening class. My wife, also with just over 40 dives, took the class two weeks ago and enjoyed it. After taking the class you will know the answers to your questions and be certified to dive up to Nitrox 40.

Buleetu, you might want to consider taking the basic Nitrox course. Actual dives are not required anymore by PADI, TDI and other providers so it is just a one evening class. My wife, also with just over 40 dives, took the class two weeks ago and enjoyed it. After taking the class you will know the answers to your questions and be certified to dive up to Nitrox 40.

I agree. My wife and I took the basic Nitrox class and we both enjoyed it and got a lot out of it.

Back
Top Bottom