Nitrox analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

afdgf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have recommendations for an O2 analyzer for diving Nitrox? Either for or against. My wife and I are finally going to take the nitrox course and we wanted to purchase our own analyzer to take with us on dive trips and wondered what people have found to be good or bad analyzers. TIA

For just Nitrox only I have been living the Divesoft DNA Analyzer.

The one negative is that you have to have your phone on you as the display screen for the analyzer but I’m never really without my phone.

For me this would be the one to get. If you were planning on Trimix in the future then that would change the recommendation a little.

I like the Palm analyzer. Fairly compact and easy to pass around to neighbors.

Your doing the right thing! If you can afford it (if for two of you it’s obviously twice as good value) then a O2 analyser is a very good idea.

I like the Palm analyzer. Fairly compact and easy to pass around to neighbors.
I like it too. The 2LPM flow adapter makes the readings a little more consistent than just holding the unit up to a tank valve.

I’m very happy with the divesoft DNA and got a great deal though paragon dive shop.

At first I thought needing a phone was a liability but I now see it as a plus. One less thing in the device to break. The device itself is very simple and indestructible. It’s simple to swap out the sensor or the battery.

The app is surprisingly good. It connects immediately with no manual intervention after the first use and has some helpful features like a user friendly deco planner.

FYI, the Palm D manual say "should NEVER be calibrated with air or 21% oxygen with the intent of taking oxygen measurements at oxygen levels above 30% oxygen". The Divesoft DNA manual doesn't appear to place any restrictions on measurements if calibrated with air.

Back
Top Bottom