Nitrox Myopia (Open-Circuit Hyperoxic-Induced Myopia)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... Not sure if Scuba Diving and the pressure effects/inert gas loading had a negative influence . . .

Hopefully it didn't, and this is just a coincidence. I hope your time on the sidelines is short, with rapid healing.

Hopefully it didn't, and this is just a coincidence. I hope your time on the sidelines is short, with rapid healing.
Thank You! The Karma on this thread for healing is good starting with Trace. ... ;-)

Happy and Safe Diving to All! I'll be living vicariously through Y'all... !

Two layers of contacts makes for strange diffusions.

Is Hyperoxic myopia in general tied to contact lenses?

I am trying to think about how the inside tenders who were doing the saurations dives in the chamber were affected, and unfortunately I remember no problems with this.

But then again in the chamber the high oxygen breathing gas was only on the mouth. I guess that sort of answers the question someone had about whether it was circulatory O2 or diffused O2.

A friend of mine that does a lot of liveaboards has cut back on using nitrox regularly in favor of plain
old air because his eyesight improved. Sounds counterintuitive but he is concerned if that is what extra oxygen did to his eyes, what else might be affected. As an aside, his eyesight was very bad prior.

Update: My Rx stepped down two more diopters since my last exam.

Myopia decrease with age is well-known. Mine has dropped from a high of about -3.5 down to about -2.0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Update: My Rx stepped down two more diopters since my last exam.

A dynamic, always-changing prescription must make it pretty difficult to keep the right inserts in your mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom