Nitrox questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walt1957:
Thanks to all for your informative answers. An affirmative to #1 negated a need for an answer to #3, for my purposes at least. It was not a desire to avoid the expense, or time of a nitrox class. Unfortunately I have not been able to find one scheduled at any dive shop within an hour drive. And none of the articles I had found included the risks, which I suspected existed but were unstated, which was why I asked here.

Where are you geographically located?

I am not sure if question #2 by Walt1957 was answered:

Question number two. I got a lot of good answers concerning kids and diving. Would using nitrox with the air tables at a given depth (30'-40') decrease the risks for a kid since it would decrease the nitrogen absorbtion?

The way I look at this question is: What risks are you talking about and how young is a "kid". There is an awful lot not known about diving period. There is even more not known about diving and kids. For example: in younger children (usually pre-teen) one concern is what happens to their bone development if they are exposed to pressures greater than one atmosphere. Obviously, Nitrox has no effect on pressure.

Atticus:
Where are you geographically located?

I am in NE Maryland, and I might be able to find something in Baltimore (over an hour away) but that would not be easy to attend ... I will if that is where I have to go, though.

Thanks

Louma:
I am not sure if question #2 by Walt1957 was answered:

Question number two. I got a lot of good answers concerning kids and diving. Would using nitrox with the air tables at a given depth (30'-40') decrease the risks for a kid since it would decrease the nitrogen absorbtion?

The way I look at this question is: What risks are you talking about and how young is a "kid". There is an awful lot not known about diving period. There is even more not known about diving and kids. For example: in younger children (usually pre-teen) one concern is what happens to their bone development if they are exposed to pressures greater than one atmosphere. Obviously, Nitrox has no effect on pressure.

I am referring to an 11 y/o girl, and the risk of nitrogen absorbtion, even in lesser amounts.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom