Nitrox vs larger tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dude, reading the thread helps...

Yes, I suggest that you do it. Critical thinking also helps.

Where in his quote does it say they are always at the same level in the water? Now, think about this. They both use the exact same computer. They breath the same gas. So, if they were at the same level, they'd both hit their NDLs at the exact same time. But they don't.

Diver 1, the OP has different nitrogen loading. This is clearly shown by his running out of NDL time first. Since he is running out of NDL time before the other diver, using the exact same computer, that means he's diving differently. There are two things that will increase the speed of nitrogen loading. Being under longer, and being deeper. As a buddy team, they should have very similar dive times, varying by only a few minutes. That means, logically the changing variable is depth. Diver 1, the OP is deeper, on average, than the other diver.

Now, we'll see if the last five words you quoted can come true.

This is sad. Re-read the thread. OP even quoted what I said and confirmed what I was explaining was correct.

They are at the same depth, same computers. OP is not hitting NDL. He would be able to hit NDL, except that he has to surface when his buddy runs out of air (or to 500psi). One isn't in Deco while the other is out. They are ending the dive before either hit the NDL.

That's the entire point of the thread.
Is nitrox better before you hit deco, or is a larger tank better. The answer is a larger tank is better as they aren't able to hit the NDL.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp. They are not running out of NDL in different amounts. They cannot even stay down long enough for either to hit NDL, and when they do hit NDL it would be at the same time because they are diving the same profile.

Being snarky when you are making a fool of yourself doesn't help the situation. Going on about your critical thinking is sort of funny. This is a way simpler problem than you are making it.

Unless the OP confirms me as right...I'm wrong, I misread what was said.

Thanks for explaining it. I shall commence whipping myself with a cat o' nine tails of regulator hoses until I pass out or you say I can stop.

Unless the OP confirms me as right...I'm wrong, I misread what was said.

Thanks for explaining it. I shall commence whipping myself with a cat o' nine tails of regulator hoses until I pass out or you say I can stop.
Eh it's just a misunderstanding. The first post wasn't quite clear in that regard.
Your theory is all right, just an incorrect assumption.

I just wanted to make sure it was clear for those seeking advice/ reading the thread in the future.

EDIT: Relevant comic. Internet arguments are silly sometimes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom