Nitroxbuddy: Wireless Oxygen Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I'm disappointed. O2 and CO analyzers are the last things really on my gear shopping list. Unfortunately my droid bionic doesn't do the bt 4.0 your device needs and it's way too new to replace the phone. Nice price, though. I think that's the cheapest O2 analyzer I've seen.

I guess it gives me another reason to pine for the impending galaxy s4!

Yes. See link

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Now you got me all excited! I'll definitely be following you guys on this one...

On a side note, looking to upgrade to a smart phone. Blue buddy is totally cool, I was a supporter from the beginning. Will it work on other smart phones besides the Galaxy??

Motorola Droid Razr MAAX (android OS) lists this:
BLUETOOTH® TECHNOLOGY 4Bluetooth Smart Ready; Stereo Bluetooth Class 2, Version 4.0 LE+EDR OPP, DUN, SPP, GAVDP, AVDTP, AVCTP, A2DP, AVRCP 1.4, HFP 1.5, DID, HID, HSP, MAP, PAN-NAP, PBAP, SM,GATT/ATT,GAP,HR

yea or nay for potential of connectivity in comparison to the Galaxy S3?

Now you got me all excited! I'll definitely be following you guys on this one...
I am glad you like our Nitroxbuddy project. Support it on Kickstarter and tell your friends about it :wink:

.......On a side note, looking to upgrade to a smart phone. Blue buddy is totally cool, I was a supporter from the beginning. Will it work on other smart phones besides the Galaxy??
Currently we are targeting iPhone 4S and 5, Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2 and S4, Motorola Droid Razr and probably the new HTC.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

---------- Post added April 30th, 2013 at 08:08 AM ----------

Motorola Droid Razr MAAX .....yea or nay for potential of connectivity in comparison to the Galaxy S3?
Yea .... after we are done with the Galaxy S3

Alberto (aka eDiver)

What about shipping out the rest of the bluebuddy devices for the kickstarter supporters that funded the bluebuddy device before starting another kickstarter project. :angrymob:

What about shipping out the rest of the bluebuddy devices for the kickstarter supporters .........
Hi hear you :depressed:

We have already shipped out most of the Tech Buddy devices (the rest is going out this week) but, as you pointed out, only few bluebuddy.

The reason for this is that the housing for Tech Buddy is done here in California (by Deep Sea Supply), while the ones for bluebuddy come from overseas. Latest update I have from the manufacturer is 5/15. Once we get the housing it will take us only a couple of days to ship out the units.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

May be nitpicking but looking at your screenshot you are claiming an accuracy of .05% which I doubt any sensor and measuring protocols in diving context will provide. But I could be wrong

May be nitpicking but looking at your screenshot you are claiming an accuracy of .05% which I doubt any sensor and measuring protocols in diving context will provide. But I could be wrong
The screenshot is related to our beta version of the App. It does NOT mean that we claim that level of accuracy. Sometime people mix up precision with accuracy.

I agree with you that O2 sensors are not that accurate - at all.
Actually, typical O2 sensors for scuba are far less accurate than what people think.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Well thats not totally true. On measuring tools as far as I remember from the university course the accuracy can be determined by looking at the number of digits after the point. And the accuracy will be +- half of the last digit.

So if the accuracy of the tool is 1 percent but the tool has 5 digits after the point than those digits are noise misleading and really useless.

The screenshot is related to our beta version of the App. It does NOT mean that we claim that level of accuracy. Sometime people mix up precision with accuracy.

I agree with you that O2 sensors are not that accurate - at all.
Actually, typical O2 sensors for scuba are far less accurate than what people think.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Back
Top Bottom