NMFS has issued the IHA to Rutgers et al:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn, Whether or not NJCDC is a "member of Clean ocean action" you are president of the NJCDC, your participation with their plot to destroy the Rutgers project is evident. Your motives are suspicious.

Your motives are suspicious.
And his methods are silly. Spamming Scuba Board (he's got the same stuff posted on three different forums so far) with long irrelevant ecoactivist rants isn't going to win any converts. He has lost his game in the formal process, now he's trying his unfounded case in the social media. LOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Glenn, Whether or not NJCDC is a "member of Clean ocean action" you are president of the NJCDC, your participation with their plot to destroy the Rutgers project is evident. Your motives are suspicious.
Your accusations are specious and you cannot even take the time to get my title correct. My time is better spent helping to keep recreational divers safe.

And his methods are silly. Spamming Scuba Board (he's got the same stuff posted on three different forums so far) with long irrelevant ecoactivist rants isn't going to win any converts. He has lost his game in the formal process, now he's trying his unfounded case in the social media. LOL.

Thank you, Tursiops, thank you for explaining what is meant by "spamming." NJDIVER1 has not "lost his game." Clean Ocean Action has lately turned up the volume on their campaign. Unfortunately with this signal-to-noise ratio, real issues about impact and safety cannot be heard.

And Glenn Arthur, I do apologize for getting your title wrong. But I am not sure if it was in your role as Chairperson for the New Jersey Council of Diving Clubs or independently that you signed up to participate in Nicole Dallara's April meeting which was organized on behalf of clean ocean action to do maximum damage to the Rutgers project. In her letter I found April 5, Dallara wrote: "NJDEP also appears to anticipate that their opposition will not be heeded, which is why we need everyone’s help...we need to strategize and implement steps to stop this study this summer." So NJDIVER1, you signed on to "Stop this study" here:

Doodle: Seismic Study Conference Call

This nonsense just made it's way onto my very local small market talk radio show...... My take? Pay attention to your local notice to mariner advisories and let them do their thing, while we dive elsewhere.
YMMV
Eric

This nonsense just made it's way onto my very local small market talk radio show...... My take? Pay attention to your local notice to mariner advisories and let them do their thing, while we dive elsewhere.
YMMV
Eric
You can check for yourself what occured last year and now from my post #3 http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/wr...ha-rutgers-et-al-post7409835.html#post7409835

The surveys off your coast and south are part of this:

Atlantic Geological and Geophysical (G&G) Activities Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement (PEIS) | BOEM

waterpirate, ignore njdiver1. He thinks that posting voluminous irrelevant information will accomplish something. He apparently weighs information rather than evaluates it. He doesn't want to hear anything that contradicts his point of view. He is an ecoactivist for whom the posturing is more important than the facts. He has latched onto a conspiracy theory that the government is out to kill all the whales, and is now trying to get divers concerned for their own safety, so that the divers will join the anti-government movement. I say, let's go diving and ignore the paranoia and ranting.

Last edited by a moderator:
waterpirate, ignore njdiver1. He thinks that posting voluminous irrelevant information will accomplish something. He apparently weighs information rather than evaluates it. He doesn't want to hear anything that contradicts his point of view. He is an ecoactivist for whom the posturing is more important than the facts. He has latched onto a conspiracy theory that the government is out to kill all the whales, and is now trying to get divers concerned for their own safety, so that the divers will join the anti-government movement. I say, let's go diving and ignore the paranoia and ranting.
The statement made above has no basis in fact or corroboration to prove its points. I am in consultation with Federal Agencies as well as individuals involved in the Marine Geophysical Survey scheduled to start next month off New Jersey. I have posted URLs from my research for anyone to do their own. Every individual has to make their own decision whether to dive in the area within or near the survey. Providing information to aid divers to make their decisions is what we do.

Last edited by a moderator:
The statement made above has no basis in fact or corroboration to prove its points. I am in consultation with Federal Agencies as well as individuals involved in the Marine Geophysical Survey scheduled to start next month off New Jersey. I have posted URLs from my research for anyone to do their own. Every individual has to make their own decision whether to dive in the area within or near the survey. Providing information to aid divers to make their decisions is what we do.

Providing incomplete information shows bias or lack of understanding, or maybe both.

Back
Top Bottom