no adjustment on PO2 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know about the Aeris A100 but I set my Atomic Cobalt and Liquivision Lynx to 1.6 and 1.8. Have you contacted Aeris tech support?

Yep. It's fixed at 1.4. Disappointing. It's a fairly basic computer but still you'd think it would have that capability. I should have done more research before purchase. I switched over to the Oceanic Veo 180 so not a problem. My old Oceanic Datamax Pro finally bit the dust after 15 or so years, so I could use the upgrade. Left my Oceanic 250 sitting on the trunk of my car one day so my dog wouldn't eat it and lost it. AAARgh! Hate when stuff like that happens.

While 1.4 and 1.2 might offer some small added safety margin; if 1.6 were unsafe wouldn't we have seen a CPSC recall on dive computers that are fixed at 1.6?:confused:
1.6 is fine if you're not exerting yourself. My deco gasses are set to 1.6, especially when using O2. However, I'm not familiar with any that are fixed at 1.6. Can you name any?

I was also on the Odyssey dive yesterday. One of our group had a computer set to 1.4 max and it would 'pre-beep' whenever it went thru 1.2. It was very annoying to the diver since he was back and forth thru 1.2. On the surface he tried to see if the alarm could be either disabled or set higher for future reference, no joy. Because we were planning a dive with a 110 to 115' floor I had set my Oceanic's 1.5 specifically for this reason. I want a computer that aids me and reduces task loading, not a nanny with constant distractions.

Hello. I tried to find some info on this subject but couldn't so I thought I'd put the question out there. Forgive me if its been already covered. I bought an Aeris A100 and found out that there is no way to adjust the PO2 setting...it's locked at 1.4. I know 1.4 is a safe setting and don't want to get into debates about safety of 1.4 vs. 1.6, but I'd rather it was adjustable up to 1.6. Rather than return it, would it be possible for me just to lower my O2 setting to 28 or 29, which would bring my max depth to the equivalent 132' instead of the 111' that I would get at 1.4?

---------- Post added May 1st, 2014 at 11:39 AM ----------

In the above I'm referring to diving with EAN32.

Haven't read through the threads, so don't know if it's been posted.

PP02 = FO2 x ATA
FO2 = PP02 / ATA
ATA = PPO2 / FO2

E.g.
30m = 30 / 10 + 1 = 4ATA

PPO2 = 1.4
FO2 = 0.32
ATA = 1.4 / 0.32 = 4.375ATA
4.375ATA = 33.75m

From this you can go work out your own table should you want to do 1.6 PPO2, not that I recommend it.

Haven't read through the threads, so don't know if it's been posted.

PP02 = FO2 x ATA
FO2 = PP02 / ATA
ATA = PPO2 / FO2

E.g.
30m = 30 / 10 + 1 = 4ATA

PPO2 = 1.4
FO2 = 0.32
ATA = 1.4 / 0.32 = 4.375ATA
4.375ATA = 33.75m

From this you can go work out your own table should you want to do 1.6 PPO2, not that I recommend it.

sort of defeats the purpose of having a computer in the first place :)

1.6 is fine if you're not exerting yourself. My deco gasses are set to 1.6, especially when using O2. However, I'm not familiar with any that are fixed at 1.6. Can you name any?

The Oceanic Data Plus is set for 1.6. It does provide a "PO2" indication (warning) next to the value output in the fields which normally display Max Depth and NDL during the dive at 1.4. (The Tissue Loading Bar Graph continues to provide N2 loading status.) When PO2 reached 1.6, that display flashes. This is the old one button model so user control is rather minimal.

The Oceanic Data Plus is set for 1.6. It does provide a "PO2" indication (warning) next to the value output in the fields which normally display Max Depth and NDL during the dive at 1.4. (The Tissue Loading Bar Graph continues to provide N2 loading status.) When PO2 reached 1.6, that display flashes. This is the old one button model so user control is rather minimal.

some might view that as being fixed at 1.4 since when you hit 1.4, the display changes to show it. When it starts flashing at 1.6, you are in the danger zone.

some might view that as being fixed at 1.4 since when you hit 1.4, the display changes to show it. When it starts flashing at 1.6, you are in the danger zone.

G6SHkdG.jpg

Attachments

• G6SHkdG.jpg
    G6SHkdG.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 73

dz1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom