No More Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't discriminate, I also boycott domestic U.S. travel venues/cities that have the same sorts of tax 'rape'. For what it's worth, I have never been to either NYC or Chicago, and can't even imagine why I'd ever want to ! My hard earned income $'s are not meant to satisfy someone else's twisted income redistribution schemes, most of which ends up wasted anyway via govt. corruption and bureaucratic waste!
At least it's not as bad as Mexico New Taxes summary for 2014 - The Yucatan Times

The tax rate is irrelevant. Add up your total costs - hotel/diving/food/taxes/fees - and compare the bottom line number with your alternatives. Maybe it's still a great deal, maybe you can do better in Bonaire or such, or maybe you stay home.

I don't discriminate, I also boycott domestic U.S. travel venues/cities that have the same sorts of tax 'rape'. For what it's worth, I have never been to either NYC or Chicago, and can't even imagine why I'd ever want to ! My hard earned income $'s are not meant to satisfy someone else's twisted income redistribution schemes, most of which ends up wasted anyway via govt. corruption and bureaucratic waste!

I apologize in advance and I mean this in the nicest possible way. If you don't visit NYC because of TAXES...well :facepalm: :rofl3:

La Scarola's in Chicago..... nuff said!

Now you're some kind of near-west-side Hipster in the Stinky Onion? How Chicago Got Its Name

A real Chicago Mafioso wouldn't cross the threshold of such an establishment (Mostly because they're all dead or locked up. Likely their nephews in the metal recycling business go to Scarola's twice a week, so you got me there.)

That's fussy food. Give me french fries made in Duck Fat. That's the real haute cuisine here in the Hometown of our President. (C'mon, baby, we need another library since nobody uses libraries anymore)

Did you shore dive at CCV with no problems?
Interesting. I'll be shore diving from CCV in less than 21 days....

Doc - What is the "outrageous tax" that Leon posted about on the facebook post that they just added? I haven't been to Roatan since 5/2013 and probably haven't kept up with a lot of the changes.....even though I read this specif board daily.

Did you shore dive at CCV with no problems?

Yep, no issues what so ever. I'd just pretend the post was never made if you plan on going to CCV.

Great to know!!! That would have put a damper on going diving at CCV for sure!
Yep, no issues what so ever. I'd just pretend the post was never made if you plan on going to CCV.

Back
Top Bottom