Noaa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great tables for those trying to get bent. Remember, the NOAA divers have a chamber handy. Sometimes they finish out their deco in the chamber. So…. Pad the numbers with some conservatism.

For NDL diving, the NOAA publishes the NAUI tables.

I put the NDL numbers into a few deco packages, and they *REQUIRED* a deco stop. Gives a new meaning to “Safety stop”. DO NOT SKIP IT.

The NOAA manual is the most useful text I own...The 32/36 tables are not yet available in plastic (waterproof) form yet

kingprawn once bubbled...
Great tables for those trying to get bent. Remember, the NOAA divers have a chamber handy. Sometimes they finish out their deco in the chamber. So…. Pad the numbers with some conservatism.

For NDL diving, the NOAA publishes the NAUI tables.

I put the NDL numbers into a few deco packages, and they *REQUIRED* a deco stop. Gives a new meaning to “Safety stop”. DO NOT SKIP IT.

Well the Reason that I was asking was that my Oceanic DataTrans works off of those tables. And I was wanting more info on them. I find it hard to see why a Diving Computer would use tables that get people easily bent. I am not trying to Cause conflict but I am simply trying to learn more.

... NOAA divers have a chamber handy...
Chambers are only required on dives in excess of 100' & any dives requiring planned decompression.

Other than that, I know a lot of divers with an excess of 10,000 hours that have never been bent, all required to use the USN tables.

Here is a little reading material: http://mindspring.com/~divegeek/fivepercent.htm

kingprawn,

"Great tables for those trying to get bent."

Why do you think so?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom