Nokta Makro Pulse Dive small metal detector results, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Will the Nokta Makro pulse dive detect more than iron, such as gold jewelry or coins in shallow salt water? I cannot wrangle the larger detectors, so I am hoping to get started with this smaller more manageable option for treasure hunting.

Will the Nokta Makro pulse dive detect more than iron, such as gold jewelry or coins in shallow salt water? I cannot wrangle the larger detectors, so I am hoping to get started with this smaller more manageable option for treasure hunting.
All metal pulse induction, I really like mine but mostly use it as a pinpointer with the minelab excalalibur

So question about the Nokta Makro Pulse Dive: I just got mine, and I have a question about putting it together. The photo shows the silicon ring, but I can’t twist and close with silicon ring in place, only if I remove it, so I am wondering if it is not necessary for waterproofing.
36B6260C-E9A9-4509-BF59-33356BAA81F9.jpeg

So question about the Nokta Makro Pulse Dive: I just got mine, and I have a question about putting it together. The photo shows the silicon ring, but I can’t twist and close with silicon ring in place, only if I remove it, so I am wondering if it is not necessary for waterproofing. View attachment 737017
You need the ring to form a seal, it's stiff so use the cover with the pointer attachment and when using the coil don't attach by holding the coil on the front you'll break it, hold it close to the unit. Use a little grease.

Attachments

• 20220808_092125.jpg
    20220808_092125.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220808_092208.jpg
    20220808_092208.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 64
Is it better to get the 2 n 1 with the 4" coil or stick with 8" coil without the pointer attachment ? Same price on Amazon.

Is it better to get the 2 n 1 with the 4" coil or stick with 8" coil without the pointer attachment ? Same price on Amazon.
I bought the 2 in 1 as I needed a pointer and it's a nice stand alone metal detector with the coil attacked. The pointer and coil can't be changed in the water . Do you have use for a pointer with another detector?

I bought the 2 in 1 as I needed a pointer and it's a nice stand alone metal detector with the coil attacked. The pointer and coil can't be changed in the water . Do you have use for a pointer with another detector?
Not really. Just looking for something inexpensive to have for the random dive when I want to look around for stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom