Nokta Makro Pulse Dive small metal detector results, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You need the ring to form a seal, it's stiff so use the cover with the pointer attachment and when using the coil don't attach by holding the coil on the front you'll break it, hold it close to the unit. Use a little grease.
Your photo shows a black o ring, whereas my Nokta Makro showed up with a translucent ring that refuses to allow closing, but I switched for a black ring in the packaging that does allow closing, is this required, because there were no instructions about it.
284BEBCA-206D-4B5D-8FB1-11871C92D18F.jpeg

Your photo shows a black o ring, whereas my Nokta Makro showed up with a translucent ring that refuses to allow closing, but I switched for a black ring in the packaging that does allow closing, is this required, because there were no instructions about it.
View attachment 739588
Coil oring is white and the pointer oring is black.

Attachments

• 20220824_175832.jpg
    20220824_175832.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 44
The orings look very similar in size, have you been sent a bad oring by any chance. Have a good look at the white oring.
With lubrication the white ring finally allowed the coil to snap together. Will try using tomorrow, hoping to find a knife someone lost.

Had fun with new detector at woods hole. It beeped frequently, but when i dug a few inches down, nada, although it kept beeping, so either a large object or an under cove pipe. Anyway, going to try another location next.

Will the Nokta Makro pulse dive detect more than iron, such as gold jewelry or coins in shallow salt water? I cannot wrangle the larger detectors, so I am hoping to get started with this smaller more manageable option for treasure hunting.
I will pick up rings, but not chains, earrings, small crosses/pendants etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom