Non-diving spouse coming with me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took my non-diving wife to Coz for the first time in November for a short week. Instead of Caribe Blu, where I usually go, I booked a room at the Barracuda which has the beach/pool/drink thing going for it as well as being closer to town. I was doing my dives with Blue Angel, and had to go there to settle up at the end of the week. After a late breakfast and some snorkling at Caribe Blu with the missus, she looks around the place and asks: "Why aren't we staying HERE?"

I just heard from Jeanie at Caribe Blue and we are booked. I have enjoyed Cozumel so much on my trips and I am hoping that my wife does also. Aside from the diving I really enjoy going to the varied restaurants in town. I will have to review my selections. I love the sopa de lima at La Parroquia but the bathroom would not meet specs for my wife. I will figure out a way around that. I may give up my afternoon diving but I won't give up that sopa de lima.

Harry1!

Hey guy, does this mean we won't be seeing you and #2 in May?

My wife was a non-diver until a few years ago, she's also a beach bum and had no problem hanging out on the beach or by the pool reading, soaking up rays ect., spending the morning relaxing while I was up early and out of her hair never seemed to be a problem :)

Absoutely, definatly, no doubt about it, set her up with Sally, and get one for yourself, she's amazing!

My wife did like to snorkel and we would do that in the p.m.'s or take the Fury trips on a non-dive day, or rent a jeep and tool around the island, go to Coconuts for a late lunch.

Hello Sharky,
I just said hello to you on another thread. Marianne really enjoys snorkeling and I am sure that we will be doing quite a bit of it. I have already told her about Sally and the wild side so they are on also. I will skip the massage myself, Marianne will do that while I am diving. I went for a massage once at Marianne's urging and it was like someone poking me in the back for an hour.
Harry#2 may go on another trip with me in June.

Harry, thanks for the chuckle! I am very sorry to hear you had an uncomfortable massage. As in any profession, there's a wide variety of techniques and skills. Hopefully some day someone will show you what all the massage oooo's and aaaah's are about!

I look forward to meeting Marianne soon.

Thanks for the quick reply to my E-mail, Sally. We will call or E-mail from Cozumel, once we get our bearings, to set up Marianne's massage. She is looking forward to it.

My wife doesn't like to scuba.
I don't like the beach (the sand bugs me. I'm weird, I know).

So this is the typical scenario for us:

Wake up and eat breakfast together around 7:30.
I go dive til noon. She sits on the beach and reads a book til noon.
Eat lunch together.
Hang out at pool bar drinking cerveza and talking about quitting our jobs and moving to _________ (fill in current vacation spot).
Go eat dinner, usually with a couple or others we met at the bar that afternoon.
Maybe go out. In bed by ten.
Rinse. Repeat.

I always take a morning and take her snorkling but since the dive sites in Cozumel are so close, I was hoping that she could go out with me on a couple of dives and snorkel around while I am diving. We might do some deep sea fishing or something this trip.

Toro:
My wife doesn't like to scuba.
I don't like the beach (the sand bugs me. I'm weird, I know).

So this is the typical scenario for us:

Wake up and eat breakfast together around 7:30.
I go dive til noon. She sits on the beach and reads a book til noon.
Eat lunch together.
Hang out at pool bar drinking cerveza and talking about quitting our jobs and moving to _________ (fill in current vacation spot).
Go eat dinner, usually with a couple or others we met at the bar that afternoon.
Maybe go out. In bed by ten.
Rinse. Repeat.

I always take a morning and take her snorkling but since the dive sites in Cozumel are so close, I was hoping that she could go out with me on a couple of dives and snorkel around while I am diving. We might do some deep sea fishing or something this trip.

Toro,
Take the Mrs. to Columbia Shallows!!!!!!! You may be able to swing a deal with the dive operator to do the surface interval at the far south beach club and meet the wife there. This way she won't have to spend an hour bobbing in the boat while you do the first dive.

Give her your credit card, a big kiss, point her north and say the jewelry stores are a 15 min. walk. Guaranteed to make her happy.

Harro10:
I am trying to work out a trip to Cozumel from 2/6 to 2/13. I have been there five times by myself or with my son. When we are there is diving, diving and more diving. This time I have talked my non-diving wife into going. I have always (when possible) stayed at Caribe Blu and dove with Blue Angel. My wife is worried that she will have too much idle time. I will give up my afternoon and night diving and so will back to the hotel around noon each day.
The round about question is - If anyone reading this has been in a similar situation how has it worked out?

I am a lucky guy - Marianne is not big on shopping and likes jewelry mostly when it is given as a gift.
She has enjoyed reading these posts and now believes me that she will enjoy Cozumel even though she does not dive.
We are both looking forward to the Cozumel experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom