Non-trip report in Pompano Beach FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I certainly will, but you are only available on weekends.

True... Still dreaming on the day we can switch to just weekdays and leave the weekends to the working stiffs.

The Black Pearl just picked up a bunch of tourists at Sands Harbour as we were going out.
I figure they are going to the Hillsboro lighthouse .
Of course to me this is an indication that they are not a Dive Charter outfit, they are a charter outfit that goes out for money. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

View attachment 737870
For those who do not get the reference....

This is one of the SFDH boats. It does other things as well. In this case, it is likely taking people to visit the nearby lighthouse. I know someone who took that tour, but using a different SFDH boat.

I think that is one of the reasons for the demise of PDC. The new owner of the marina wanted the spot taken over by a company that did things other than scuca, including the water taxi business.

I went out with DxDivers for the first time today and was pleasantly surprised. Captain and crew were great. Drops were great. Came home with a limit of bugs and a bunch of lionfish to boot. The shop is well stocked too. I can understand why some folks don’t like them - big boat, lots of divers, need to cater to divers of all experience levels. But for a general purpose dive operation, I found them to be great and I’ll be diving with them again.

For those that dive with Dx regularly - do they accommodate special drop requests? For example could I ask for a 90’ drop while the rest of the group gets a 50-60’ drop?

I went out with DxDivers for the first time today and was pleasantly surprised. Captain and crew were great. Drops were great. Came home with a limit of bugs and a bunch of lionfish to boot. The shop is well stocked too. I can understand why some folks don’t like them - big boat, lots of divers, need to cater to divers of all experience levels. But for a general purpose dive operation, I found them to be great and I’ll be diving with them again.

For those that dive with Dx regularly - do they accommodate special drop requests? For example could I ask for a 90’ drop while the rest of the group gets a 50-60’ drop?
You could ask. I've not yet heard them offer that when doing the shallower reefs. When they go deeper (advertising 80/90) they will offer to drop you in the 100+ rage.

Hey so probably not the right place but ….
Dxdivers has organized a pier cleanup tomorrow at 8am at the pompano pier. If anyone wants to dive the pier (usually not permitted) it’s free. Check out their website

Sorry for last minute we’re just back from travel but already signed up ourselves. There is a raffle too. Free if you forego the t-shirt and bring your own mesh bag

BTW DXDiver boat ladygodiver is always great. I’m sure they would drop you in various spots once they got to know you. We dive with them regularly. They’ve dropped us in alternate spots when on a course.

First time we were surprised at being dropped in on our own (no guide) but now we love it as we can do the sites at our own pace. Most shops in Florida don’t provide a guide unless you pay for one.

Anyway. I was hunting for a spot to mention the pier cleanup and came across this thread …

I went out with DxDivers for the first time

I use to dive regularly with them when I lived pretty much next door.
Yes they will drop you where you want (site dependent of course).
If you hunt, this is ideal.
Just talk to the DM.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom