Noob question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

never noticed any drag, but when you get back on the boat, all of the water that's still in your suit accumulates in your booties if the suit is tucked in! (and you get that "stay-puffed marshmallow man" feel when you walk!!)

I started putting them in the suit and that seems to work out nicer!

Buoyant1:
but when you get back on the boat, all of the water that's still in your suit accumulates in your booties if the suit is tucked in! (and you get that "stay-puffed marshmallow man" feel when you walk!!)

hmmm...that's probably why i felt i had a pool inside the booties

fitting snugly, i though the booties won't fill up hehehe

My experience dictates that my wet suit leg cuffs will go over my boots...this just makes sense and it does provide the "shingle" effect.

All of this brings me to another point...it is a good thing to purchase a wet suit that fits you well and that provides comfort without providing un-needed wrinkles, pumps, and poor fit. Poor fit will allow more outside water to pump through and flush the inside water out...a good fitting wet suit will prevent this.

I have the additional problem of being tall...a search for a good fitting wet suit in odd sizes has taken me a bit of time without going custom.

Just some 02.

Mainly this has only ever been an issue with me when I wear my one fullsuit, a 6.5 mm--wetsuit leg over boot, because my boots won't zip up the other way.

I probably won't change my m.o. when I get a thinner suit for reasons everyone else has already said.

cheers

Billy S.

I think the "drag" effect can be a real one. When I did the stamina tests for dm, and I did the mask, fins, snorkel test, I swam without a wetsuit but had my booties on. Very soon after beginning the test, i noticed that the drag actually pulled down the zippers some. At that point I could really feel the parachute effect and wished I had used full foot fins instead. I think my time and score suffered some because of this. So, I would think that the same would be true in rec diving as well: tuck the booties inside the wetsuit.

as previously stated (but don't think i'm not going to post), i wear suit over
booties.

first, it looks so much cooler :crafty:

and second, it lessens the flow of water onto the boots, keeping your feet
a bit warmer and reducing drag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom