Northern CA lake dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I got an answer back pretty quick when I e-mailed the public affairs office of the East bay parks. They said nope.....it was worth the shot. Kevin Lachapelle

P.S. Heres the e-mail I got..

Sorry, but scuba diving is not permitted in Regional Parks lakes.
--EBRPD Public Affairs

>>> "LaChapelle, Kevin" <KLaChapelle@cityofnapa.org> - 10/20/03 7:03 AM >>>
I am interesting in coming up to your park. Since it is a quarry, can I Scuba in the quarry?

maybe we should try another office? you know...maybe the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is.......haha

A friend and I dove under the new Folsom Blvd bridge last Saturday afternoon.

Very shallow, around 9 or 10 feet deep. Might be deeper at the other end?

Saw lots of rebar and some other construction trash.
A kids scooter,must have been a wild ride!

Took out some trash too.

There's an instructor on yahoo groups ba_diving that organizes a once a month dive for anyone on the list at shadow cliff. He also has a BBQ. There nothing to see really in the quarry and the muddy bottom is a pain to clean off your gear. But hey its a dive to try once.

mech once bubbled...
I just called the LDS (Captain Aqua's) and was informed that Del Valle was off limits and Shadow Cliff (the quarry off Stanley Blv. which I got mixed up with Del Valle) is only open to instructors with students,but I'm going to be in that neighborhood on Sunday and I'll see if I can get first hand info.
mech

Back
Top Bottom