not funny any more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leesa, hope you all are okay and the water is receding.

So sorry to hear about all that water - are you drying out ok today?

We only got a portion of what you got over the last 3 weeks, and still had flooding at various places around the island (none at my house for which I'm grateful)

Aloha, Tim

Good thing it is pouring rain here on Hickam now. Must be heading your way. Time for some more flooding.

Are you guys alright?

This is terrible. I hope the insurance claims all get paid promptly :)
I leave in a few hours. Still debating whether or not to take a rain jacket.

Weather report last night said to expect another storm in 3 days... And unbelievably there have been 2 or three funnel clouds, some which even became tornados (when they touched down) This has definitely been some of the weirdest weather I remember outside of a hurricane coming through (statewide that is). I'm still amazed that Maui has missed so much of the weather everyone else has been getting.

What island are you going to?

Leave the rain jacket, just wear your wetsuit :wink: actually at work the other night I nearly went to my truck and put on my dive boots as I was tired of wet feet all night. I figured they could at least be warm.

btw - diving yesterday at Molokini the vis was the worst I've seen it there... only 100-150ft vis :D so diving is still quite good, especially off shore.

I'm going to Oahu. Glad I have an SUV rented. Sounds like we'll need the extra clearance :)

we are due for rain the entire week. bring just a bathing suit and don't worry about drying off. LOL.

We were watching the news last night and the radar images over the islands is simply UGLY!! We're arriving on Maui on Saturday, so hoping that this weather pattern is long gone by then. Not that a little rain will ever stop us from diving, but it's tough to work on a nice tan in the rain! :wink:

Hope everyone over there is safe from flooding and mudslides.

Here is a before and after picture of Rainbow falls on Hilo - from the Honolulu Advertiser

1a4fc9cfa4db4518a5a491b7150c5092.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom