Not impressed at all by the Zeagle power inflator design.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just hold down the button and keep the hose near the oral inflate. It makes a mess, but it gets water in there. With most of my stuff I try to go with the simplest thing that will do the job (but nothing simpler), for no other reason than making maintenance easier.

I need to get some new inflators -- my Halcyon's have the old-style outboard inflate which make me uncomfortable since I got surged into a rock at Monastery and it inflated my BC. Cheers. A lot of the LDSs in the area stock inflators, and I think the prices range from $20-$40.

I *think* the one inch opening should fit the Zeagle BX inflator design - I would just lose the ability to easily hook up the thing to a garden hose.

DSS also sells an inexpensive hose-flush adaptor that connects to the BC or drysuit
QD fitting which has the added benefit of flushing out the QD fitting........ Hey, I think I'll get one myself.

Unscrewing the corrugated hose from the bag seems to expose a reasonably sized orifice.

a simple, inexpensive, wildly useful, and rediculously compact (about the weight of a quater) stamped service tool is available from DSS.
A must-have at $8.50.
DSS also sells an inexpensive hose-flush adaptor that connects to the BC or drysuit
QD fitting which has the added benefit of flushing out the QD fitting........ Hey, I think I'll get one myself.
I'd get one of those, too, if I had a garden hose.

Got my Express Tech and the first thing it does is slowly leak air into the bladder to the point where I can't keep on the bottom. To take it apart I have to insert a 1/4" allen wrench to unscrew the Valve Insert Assembly, which is made out of this ridiculously soft plastic that gets absolutely chewed up by the allen wrench. Turns out the VIA was in there very tight and the allen wrench has now made the allen-wrench shaped hole into a very round hole that provides no grip whatsoever for tools. So now I can't take the thing apart and I'm looking at finding a way to hack the VIA apart piece by piece to dislodge it somehow.

Send it back and we can take a look at it.

I can tell you that we use a regular 1/4" allen wrech on these daily, and never strip them out.

Scott

All of my school gear is Zeagle. It has been for years. We don't have trouble. We have some BC's that are over 10 years old and have been parted out and back. No problems. Talk to Scott. He is really good about sorting people out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom