Not well known, the Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello,

I'am really surprised about divers knowledge regarding diving in the Dominican Republic.
Working here for many years in the diving industry and see and hear all people facinated about diving here, specially at the Caribbean side of the island. If you are planning to visit the Dominican Republic (for diving the best side is south side) and if you have any questions about diving, feel free to contact me.

Best regards and nice dives!!

Don't be surprised, this board is huge and there is a vast ocean of knowledge here. I hope to visit south part of Dominican Republic one day. I dove in Sosua area before, but never in the south. My best buddy ( I'm not talking some guy I did few dives with, had a beer with once or went to school with. I'm talking the guy who's kids call me and my wife uncle and aunt and our kids call him and his wife the same ) run a small dive operation from Bayahibe. He is on this forum too and funny enough, he doesn't know yet that I am around here. (This board is big ). One day he'll find out and I would be able to put him in my friends section. It is kind of surprise for him.
Anyway, welcome here. A lot of info and many interesting threads.

Thanks for responding!
In Bayahibe there are two independent dive operations: Scuba Fun owned by an american and Casa Daniel owned by a suiz couple.
All other divecenters are located in the six existing hotels.
What a shame you did not dive at the caribbean site of the Dominican Republic, but....who knows?
Sheers Robert

Do you have any advice on how to connect with any well hidden adventures for your area? Maybe its just a lack of communication to the diving public eye who really would like a new place to go that would be somewhat exclusive...sounds very interesting though......I wouldn't mind an untapped source of diving....thanks for the head's up......

I'm heading down to the DR tomorrow. Doing 2 days of cave diving and 2 days of deep wrecks out of Santo Domingo with Golden Arrow. I can't wait! I'll post a report when I get back.

The stereotype of DR (from a non-DR Caribbean diver) is: good for tec diving, but no fish because they have all been eaten. Any truth to that?

I am actually going up to DR for a tec diving course in February, but I don't know how much "fun diving" I will get done.

Can you recommend a dive operator and dive sites near Punta Cana? I am going to be there for Xmas and will get to go diving a couple of times...

wrecks/caverns are preferable if they are convenient.

I'm looking at putting together a group of friends to the DR. Staying probably around Punta Cana. How's the diving there? Where would you recommend diving?

Back
Top Bottom