Not well known, the Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi PNW Dive Girl,
Punta Cana is a really nice holliday destination, I like to remind you as in my first comment, the east coast is still the atlantic ocean side of the Dominican Republic.
For diving not bad but, not as abundant as the south side. All divecenters are located in the hotels. As long as you staying really in Bavaro Punta Cana there are two wrecks available some caverns, coralreefs and two spots where they frequently make deepdives. I've worked several years in that area and I made lots of interested dives.
Not because of me, but the south side is the real caribbean side and conditions generally are much better. If you need more specific information please let me know.
Nice Dives,
Robert

Hi Rhone man,
okay, working or vacation are two different things but here, at the south side I can frequently see eagle rays, sting rays, baracudas and much more.
It is not the best known area for big fish but I believe we cannot complain.
The diversity of smaller fish in combination with the beautiful corals is huge.
Nice Dives and a good tec course in february,
Robert

Hi MWilding,

The existing divecenter at Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana, Promarine Watersport, offers you comfortable diving for comfortable prices. The divesites: There are coral reefs, wrecks, caverns.
Also deep dives are offered on different locations in front of the Bavaro Punta Cana coastline.
Nice Dives,
Robert

welcome aboard

Thank you Robert. Can you give me some information regarding La Romana area?

We are coming to La Romana, Dominican Republic on the Grand Princess. Our arrival date is 30 Dec 08. I would love to dive in the Domican Republic but the ship didn't offer any diving through the ships shore excursions. Do you have any suggestions for diving near La Romana?

Janet:crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom