Not within the realms of sanity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepreef:
I know I'll rue the day when my kids stumble on it, though.
You know it. :D
"Tourette Syndrom must be heredetary, dad ..."
"At least I won't go diving in MY skimpy clothing ..."
"What do you mean home by ten? YOU know the nature of exploration."
And reminding her to "stay within her limitations" will just get one word: "Necker!"
You won't hear the end of it, and sooner or later there will be "A DAD'S CHILL - OFFSPRING INDUCED TOURETTE SYNDROM" floating on the internet. :mooner:

But it's a two-sided sword, look at the upside:
Any self-declared suitor :no will be scared out of town in fear of being taken for a dive. :rofl3:
I can already see the bumper sticker ...
"My daughter's virtue is protected by Cis-Lunar!" :linkz:
The word will spread: :11: "No way, dude, you gonna get pyled!" :rofl3:

Scuba-Jay:
Mislay,

hysterical link. still laughing!!!

"How can we be so close to the equator and is soo ********** cold!!!
Thanks, but I just posted the link - Richard should get all the credit for making that video. :)

This vid has left a permanent mark on me... everytime I feel cold while diving I say to myself ... well, you know what I say! :D

deepreef - thanks for posting. Both of the articles posted were great reading. And the "tourettes" video was hillarious! I just sent the link out to some of my coworkers.

Richard, thanks for posting here. And thanks to the other posters for the 2 article links and the all-time favourite Hypothermia video. Education and humour are a winning combo.

jeckyll:
We are talking the 80's here...
jeckyll:
I've got a buddy who learned to dive in the 80's.

Jeez, you'd think we had to fend off saber-toothed cats on the way back to the Flintstone-mobile after a dive...

I was certified in 1980, and I'll have you know I even got to try a BC with a *power inflator* during class. My instructor had just wasted a phenomenal amount of dough on it, when some were saying that orally inflated horsecollars were excessively technical gear.

mello-yellow:
"Practically"? I thought he did invent it, against all the conventional wisdom of the time.
When I frist heard of deep stops they were called Pyle stops...

And the guy is increadbly generious. I sent him email (couple years ago) when I first read this article and he responded with a kind and informiative response.

The real thing is that he shares his bad expereiences, and I hope we all learn from them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom