Nov.10 non-Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I will be settling in Bohol. Panglao Island has the diving and Tagbilaran City less than an hour away has just about everything one needs. Last but not least my girlfriend lives in Bohol :D

Sweeeet! I cannot wait till the kids finish their schooling (still in grade school) to make my second home there as well!

You may consider teaching U/W photography or be a dive guide to the many divers that go there. Look up some dive clubs back in Hawaii or the mainland I am sure they would be very interested in diving a target rich area with a knowledgeable guide and photographer.

Sweeeet! I cannot wait till the kids finish their schooling (still in grade school) to make my second home there as well!

You may consider teaching U/W photography or be a dive guide to the many divers that go there. Look up some dive clubs back in Hawaii or the mainland I am sure they would be very interested in diving a target rich area with a knowledgeable guide and photographer.

Thanks for the suggestion and the compliment. I have considered doing some dive guiding on a part time basis so as to offset my dive costs, which are the biggest expense of my staying long term here. I already spoke to a couple of the shops. You can rent a one bedroom house here for between 8,000 and 15,000 Pesos a month. At the current exchange rate of 43 Pesos to one US Dollar that's $186. to $349. a month.

The Philippine government has considered for some time now of changing the law to allow foreigners to own a limited size parcel of land for non-commercial purposes to build a house on. No decision as of yet. Currently a foreigner can only own a 40% share of land but can own 100% of the structure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom