Now's the time for diving in the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aku321:
Been I awhile since I've been down to the keys. Need to get down there soon!

tfsails:
I'm suffering from saltwater withdrawal. I need to be down there...

Boys, boys! What nonsense! Didn't you see what Garrobo just said? It was NINETY DEGREES here just the other day! Don't you guys know what that means?? It means you have to strip down to your swim trunks and laze around drinking Mai Tais in the warm, balmy breeze, almost like you're at one of those "tropical island paradises" you read so much about!

And who'd want that?

No, forget all those stories about warm, crystal-clear waters and the whole dang place looking like a scene out of 'Finding Nemo'. It's just ad promo! Truth be told, this is where Miami's main sewage line ends up. "Key Largo" is actually Seminole Indian for "Jim's Septic Tank Service". It's not a pretty sight (or smell), and the smart diver cuts it a wide berth.

Yes, forget all those stories about scantily-clad wahines serving you drinks as the sun sets behind a tranquil sea of deep azure blue. Forget about the day's fresh catch cooked to perfection and eaten with a fervent gusto. Forget about the lack of airplanes and trains and traffic noise as you blissfully drop off to slumber after another spectaular day that will live in your memory forever.

Forget, forget, forget!

There. All better?

Glad to help,
Chuck

Forget, forget, forget!

There. All better?

Glad to help,
Chuck

You bet, Chuck, thanks! I think I will just skip the whole south Florida and go back to Kona, where the wahines really are wahines and the water really is crystal clear... appreciate the tip to avoid your area :wink:

Sigh........................... I'll be think of all you nice warm folks Saturday morning when we're doing the underwater cleanup in Prescott. It's not drysuit season......yet.:mooner:

sabbath999:
where the wahines really are wahines

Hey, no fair! Okay, so I didn't know the Seminole word for "hot babes" -- what can I say?

Nice pics on your Hawai'i site, BTW. I enjoyed the whole slideshow. I lived there for a couple of years in my late teens, but I spent all my time surfing and diving and never really did explore the island. You have a nice eye for composition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom