Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1654064525439.png

Phyllodesmium kabiranum

1654064603822.png

Aegires villosus

I was wondering : where do those guys live, where do you find them usually?
You can find a lot of Melibe engeli where I go diving and I suspect M.colemani could be found, though I don't know how or where to look for.
Do you have any hints on their biotope/behavior?

We're in Southern California. I found colmani on its food source, but even then, they blend in so well.

Hey nudi lovers,

I just recently discovered nudibranchs here in South Korea and am fascinated by them, but I'm not really knowledgeable enough to be able to sort through IDs. I have so many questions.

First off, can anyone help ID this (apology for poor quality. It was my first few days with the camera and I was still sorting things out. I've since ordered the macro attachment.) All the dive guide could tell me (in Korean) is that the white ones are incredibly rare here and he was amazed that I had found one. Also, very thankful that I pointed it out so he could get a picture.
PARA0020.JPG

Some general questions:
  1. Are all nudis in one group carbon copies and even slight variation means they are a different kind? Or, if it's generally blue with yellow stripes and orange & white rhinophores and branchial plume can we assume they're the same type?
  2. Is there such a thing as a genetic anomaly, for example an albino nudibranch? I ask because I spent the morning searching for an ID on the above picture and couldn't find anything that resembled it.
Here's a short clip (not much sharper I'm afraid.)
Thanks for any help you could offer!

Hey nudi lovers,

I just recently discovered nudibranchs here in South Korea and am fascinated by them, but I'm not really knowledgeable enough to be able to sort through IDs. I have so many questions.

First off, can anyone help ID this (apology for poor quality. It was my first few days with the camera and I was still sorting things out. I've since ordered the macro attachment.) All the dive guide could tell me (in Korean) is that the white ones are incredibly rare here and he was amazed that I had found one. Also, very thankful that I pointed it out so he could get a picture.Some general questions:
  1. Are all nudis in one group carbon copies and even slight variation means they are a different kind? Or, if it's generally blue with yellow stripes and orange & white rhinophores and branchial plume can we assume they're the same type?
  2. Is there such a thing as a genetic anomaly, for example an albino nudibranch? I ask because I spent the morning searching for an ID on the above picture and couldn't find anything that resembled it.
Here's a short clip (not much sharper I'm afraid.)
Thanks for any help you could offer!
It's hard to say from the picture. I'd recommend a few hours with google and a Pacific Nudibranchs book.

Where were you diving in Korea? I got to do some diving on the East Coast by Juminjin. Nice place, but according to the signs, you needed to keep a lookout for NK subs...

It's hard to say from the picture. I'd recommend a few hours with google and a Pacific Nudibranchs book.

Where were you diving in Korea? I got to do some diving on the East Coast by Juminjin. Nice place, but according to the signs, you needed to keep a lookout for NK subs...
This was down off Jeju Island last week. Yeah, I already spent a couple hours on Google, but I couldn’t find anything. Like I said, I’m not that familiar with the vocabulary. I’ll keep looking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom