Nurse Shark!? Sorry, It Was 3 Bulls! AND, we have pictures!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
I hate it that I can't see these photos while at work. Any chance of attaching them to an e-mail for me?

I am wondering if these were the same guys that gave us trouble last year. How big? Did one of them have a scar of the left side of the caudal peduncle?

Jim, you can say no to that look and you should. When Bulls are in the area, get out of the water. We made the mistake of not doing that last year and it could have cost us our lives.

They followed you up, they were interested, you were right to skip the safety stop and get out of the water ASAP. I think I would have ascended more quickly than normally. When they were at 30 ft, were they still swimming slowly and gracefully or were they swimming quickly with jerky movements (like last year)?

Guys, don't take chances, I don't want to lose either of you. Can you say, "Bang stick?"
Trust me, old friend... my thoughts at that point were... "OK, how do I get us out of the water safely?" From that point on, I was running scenarios through my head and working up the cojones to go out into the open.

At the time, I felt much safer against the bottom, in between two boilers and another large debris pile on the third side... That left only two vectors for approach (above and the direction that would have 60' vis. It gave me time to collect thoughts (and nerve). The reason I really didn't say no, was because I needed more time to grow a set :wink:

When I say that we followed the rules... I mean the old rules! My computer beeped, I slowed only slightly :D

Slowly and gracefully at 30... Or, the computer beeping would not have slowed me down

HilaryRN71:
Just some friendly advice from the biyatch...

Make sure your tetanus is up to date. :D
No matter who tells you different, you are CoolTech's... :wink: I have the shirt that says it!

Well, I said I though it MIGHT be a Nurse shark, but it didn't look quite right. Good thing I did try my "pull the Nurse shark's tail" trick on this one! People might start calling me Stumpy!

did you guys go out again today? sorry i could not make it today if you did but i had one big mess to clean up from my saltwater fish tank... love the sharks.. and great photos

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom