Nurse Shark!? Sorry, It Was 3 Bulls! AND, we have pictures!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B:
Great story Tech!

Heh, are you sure that Miss didn't poke you with her knife to distract them? :wink:

... Heightened awareness .... I'm thinking that I would have used some other words to describe it :11:
She might have. But... I made sure she was always behind me, or below me on the ascent. It was my leg that was bleeding... that way, she was always closer to the trailing blood... Coincidence... hmmm :D

OMG I'm about freakin' out over here on the other coast...thinking...DANG I coulda been there today!

But I have to say...if you had been following Hilary's rules of exposure protection....:no

Ok that's sour grapes...I'm totally green with envy over here.... :D

CoolTech:
Picked that trick up from Walter :rofl3:
Just some friendly advice from the biyatch...

Make sure your tetanus is up to date. :D

When MissD sent me this, I cried "BULL!" I suspected Photoshop. Just kidding. I've never knowingly dived with bulls, but I think I'd rather be in close proximity to a great white than a bull... much less three of them.

OMG awesome pics, wish I was there too. thanks for sharing the story to, it does create the pucker factor of hmmmmmm9.5-10 :D

I hate it that I can't see these photos while at work. Any chance of attaching them to an e-mail for me?

I am wondering if these were the same guys that gave us trouble last year. How big? Did one of them have a scar of the left side of the caudal peduncle?

Jim, you can say no to that look and you should. When Bulls are in the area, get out of the water. We made the mistake of not doing that last year and it could have cost us our lives.

They followed you up, they were interested, you were right to skip the safety stop and get out of the water ASAP. I think I would have ascended more quickly than normally. When they were at 30 ft, were they still swimming slowly and gracefully or were they swimming quickly with jerky movements (like last year)?

Guys, don't take chances, I don't want to lose either of you. Can you say, "Bang stick?"

Walter:
Can you say, "Bank stick?"

Hey, Walter... I thought that was an aviation phrase. Just pulling your leg, my friend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom